-Chapter 8-

"Takumi belongs to me," Mei spoke softly at first.

"What?" Misaki said confused. Neither she nor Sakura seemed to have heard what Mei said.

"Takumi is my boyfriend and you're ruining everything! Please let him go!" Mei yelled bringing attention to him. "I'm the one who is supposed to be marrying him not some spoiled woman. You don't and will never deserve him."

In Mei's eyes, Misaki's wide eye expression was priceless. Mei could not help but grin. Takumi could come to her after this. Everything would go back to normal.

"He doesn't love you and never will because he loves me."

"Hello? Can we help you?" A voice said bringing Mei out of her imagination.

Mei now noticed Misaki and the pink hair lady was staring at her while she had been imagining her own scenario of a conversation with Misaki inside her head.

"Uh.." Mei began. She could tell Misaki what she wanted to say just like in her mind. "I. Uh." She mumbled. Mei wanted to say it. She really did but for some reason, she couldn't speak her mind. "Sorry I mistook you two for someone else."

She bowed to Misaki and Sakura then walked over to her table beside her. Mei felt weak walking away from the woman who would eventually seduce Takumi. She sat silently with her head down not trying to cry. Not in front of Misaki. Anyone but her.

A time will come when Misaki will know the truth. Mei was now determined to let the truth be known before the wedding could take place. 

"We'll be alright. He promised."

He promised he would show up tonight. Maybe she was overreacting. Takumi would never fall in love with someone so easily. It took a while for them to get together so why now of all times would he fall in love in less than a month? He and Misaki had nothing in common other than an arranged marriage.

Mei chuckled running her hand through her hair. "I must've been crazy. Everything is fine."

And just like that Mei was in a happy mood awaiting tonight's dinner with Takumi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home!" Misaki called closing the front door of their home. "Why the heck am I saying I'm home?"

"Good evening Miss Ayuzawa." A maid bowed to Misaki.

"Good evening. Are you now about to leave?" Misaki questioned taking off her shoes. "Your shift ended a while ago. Is something wrong?"

"Well you see Mr. Usui seemed to be sick so I stayed a little longer till you arrived."

"He's sick?!" Misaki exclaimed. "Thank you for waiting. I'll take care of it and add a bonus to your paycheck."

"Thank you."

Misaki bid the maid goodbye thinking about how to approach Takumi and his situation. Did she go help take care of him or pretend she never knew he was sick? They weren't that close to exactly take care of one another.

"Uh." She groaned deciding to at least see if he was alright.

She took a deep breath heading upstairs to Takumi's room. Once she was there Misaki began to knock but got no answer. She knocked again but it was silent.

"Forget that I'm going in." She said pushing the door open. She immediately noticed he was lying under a blanket on his bed. "Takumi?"

"Takumi?" She asked again as she stood beside his bed. Misaki could now see he was shirtless and sweating a lot. "Hey, you're hot."

"Stop being a pervert." He slowly mumbled.

"Idiot." She glared at him. "I meant your sweating beside you're in this room wrapped up in a blanket with no AC on. Let me help you."

She gently took the sheet from off him not bothering to look at his body. Misaki then went to open a window instead of using the AC. She figured some fresh air would be better.

"Have you eaten?"

"No. I came straight from work and laid down. I think a chef made chicken soup."

"Ok. Uhm go take a bath and I'll bring you some soup." She told him.

"I don't have the energy to move."

"Fine just wait here."

Misaki stood up walking out of his bedroom to head down to the kitchen. First, she started to warm up the soup that was made then she found a small towel and soaked it in water to help cool down Takumi's body.

"Did he take any medicine? I forgot to ask."

She poured the soup into a bowl then placed it on a tray beside the towel. Misaki quickly but also carefully made her way back to his room.

"I'm back. You need to sit up so you can eat." Misaki stated resting down the tray.

"I just want to sleep." He replied not opening his eyes.

"Takumi," Misaki warned.

He gave up, slowly sitting up but she could tell he really didn't have much energy.

"Here. Rest against my shoulder." She advised him.

Without any arguments, Takumi laid his head on her shoulder.

"This will help cool you down." She placed the towel on his forehead. "Now open your mouth let me feed you."

Misaki and Takumi sat in silence as she feeds him. Soon enough the bowl was empty and she removed the towel.

"Did you have any medicine?"

He nodded.

"I guess you can go to sleep now. I don't think you're fit for work tomorrow so I'll inform your grandfather."

"You don't have to. All of this I mean. You didn't have to." He spoke.

"Well, I'd hope you do the same for me. I can't leave you alone if I know you're sick. I have to at least know you're okay. It's strange because a while back I wanted to seriously kill you and now I'm saving you. That's growth right there," Misaki chuckled. She smiled thinking of how they were becoming close.

"You have a beautiful smile," Takumi randomly blurted out.

"What?" Misaki blushed.

Silence.

Takumi was fast asleep.

"And I'll say it again, Idiot." She muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry your call-"

"He lied to me. I can't believe this." Mei cried as her phone informed her for the tenth time Takumi was unavailable.

"One promise and he broke it. No no, it's not him it's her. We never had problems till she came. I need to be stronger and help Takumi escape from there."

"I will not lose Takumi."