-Chapter 9-

Takumi slowly opened his eyes adjusting to the light in the room. He carefully sat up rubbing his head feeling slightly better than yesterday. He had been feeling sick for the past couple of days but he ignored it because of work which was stupid because he ended up missing work. He still had contracts which needed to be signed, phone calls to be made, check-

Knock Knock.

He glanced at his white bedroom door.

"Usui, Are you awake?" He heard Misaki called.

"Yes." He replied swinging his foot over to the side of the bed to stand up.

"Oh...Are you feeling better?"

Takumi opened the door to find a wide eye Misaki standing before him in her sleeping attire. "Much better thank you. You didn't have to do that last night Misaki."

"Well if you died in there I'll be the number one suspect since I've been threatening to kill you." Misaki joked.

"Oh, so you didn't care about me then?" He rested his hand over his chest. "I'm hurt."

"Why the hell would I care about you idiot. I was just, just helping someone in need."

He raised his eyebrows curiously. "Come on. I felt you feeling me up Misaki. My poor innocent body."

"I did not!" She argued.

"Did too. It's not nice to lie."

Misaki sighed suppressing her growing annoyance. "This is so childish. I don't like you enough to take care of you nor did I feel you up. I rather buy a substitute you know what ."

"Freaky aren't we? It's okay. I'll keep the secret of your one-sided crush after all you do like me enough to take of me since you did so last night."

"One-sided?" Misaki scoffed looking to the side. "You have a beautiful smile Misaki remember that? One-sided my ass."

Misaki paused at the words she just spoke. It almost sounded like she was saying they both liked each other secretly. Hell no! She blushed and awkwardly stood by his door in shock.

Takumi on the other hand was no different than Misaki. She kind of rang a bell in his mind which reminded him of what he said last night. Why the hell did say that? He felt like hitting his head on a brick wall over and over again. It was almost embarrassing lowkey.

"I should, I'm going to get ready for work. Goodbye, I guess." Misaki said quickly trying to escape this moment. She was about to leave when Takumi said,

"Thank you for last night Misaki. I truly mean that. Sorry if it made you uncomfortable. I owe you for that."

"Consider that progress for us." She told him walking away. "You fool." She muttered under her breath so he wouldn't hear.

"I'm such a fool," Takumi said to himself. Maybe it was best he heads off to work right away. He didn't feel like running into Misaki again and he was sure she wouldn't want to run into him now.

- Misaki at work-

"What is he up to now?" Misaki wondered looking at the newly arrived roses which sat on her desk.

Thank you - Takumi Usui.

He really didn't need to do this but she had to admit it made her feel something. Something she just couldn't explain. It kind of remembers her of something she felt years ago.

"He's still a rude ass."

Knock Knock.

"Come in." She ordered.

It was Kou, her personal assistant.

"I brought the files from downstairs and-. What's up with you Misaki?" He questioned feeling like there was something off about her today. Kou and Misaki had built up a close relationship outside of work. Just friends of course.

"I would normally ask Sakura this but since you're here, would you like me? Is there anything wrong with me?" She asked Kou knowing he would be one hundred percent honest with her plus he was a guy. His opinion would be very helpful.

He scratched the back of his head confused. "I never thought of you as insecure? Do you like Takumi and he doesn't like you back?"

"No! We're getting married and I would love a better relationship with the person I'm marrying even if it is arranged. I don't like Usui and he doesn't like me but I believe I can somehow you know, come on around to like him in the future of course."

"But?" Kou pressed knowing there was something else bugging her.

"I hear the whispers from guys about me being hard to like since I'm so-"

"Scary?"

Misaki glared at him. "Whatever. I can't help being scary, it gets things done. Would that push away someone? Should be nicer to that idiot?"

"Okay maybe stop calling him an idiot. You're already really nice unless someone makes you angry. I understand you want to create a better relationship with Takumi. I think you guys need to understand each other more by taking a vacation or some sort. Talk things out. You won't like him in a day or vice versa but at least build a friendship first. Trust me he'll fall for you so fast when he gets to know you better." Kou answered.

"I just want a positive relationship with him, not a romantic one."

"Could've fooled me earlier. Look I know the best way to help you become closer to Takumi. Lean forward let me tell you."

Misaki leaned in close to kou over her desk.

"A strip teas-"

"Get out!" She replied immediately.

-Meanwhile-

"Why did you call me here Kuuga? I have work." Mei said sitting in the private restaurant room Kuuga arrange for just the both of them.

"To talk about Takumi of course. Just let him get married-"

"I'm not doing this with you Kuuga. Not again. When Takumi and I started dating you adored me and now you love some woman who had everything handed to her. A woman who Takumi doesn't even like." Mei stated frustrated. She was growing tired of all this.

"He'll love her one day. I've seen her and think they'll be good together. I'm doing this as your friend and Takumi's." He replied.

"I've always been there for him, for you and you'll just throw me to the side? I love Takumi. I love him so much. I don't have much to offer his family so I work hard to prove myself and yet not even you will accept me for him." She sulked wiping away her tears. "Some friend you are."

"I'm not the one who cheated Mei. Some girlfriend you were."

"I told you that guy forced himself on me!" Mei yelled reaching her breaking point. She felt like a madwoman at this point.

"We both know Takumi hates liars so tell the truth. Now!"

Mei wiped away more of her tears ruining her makeup. "I......."