-Chapter 10-

Mei wiped away more of her tears ruining her makeup. "I...I told you that man took advantage of me. You don't have any idea what I've been through after that! That was a nightmare!"

"Stop lying."

"He was abusive," Mei whispered remembering her past. "I left him because he was-"

"Stop lying! You went to him the night you found out Takumi was engaged to Misaki and wanted someone to comfort you. You got drunk and slept with him. I may not be the greatest person in the world but had you truly been raped I would've never been doing this," Kuuga said not being convinced by her tears.

Mei was shocked. "Ho- No. That's lies."

"I know you really do love Takumi but you couldn't even be honest with him. We're the only two people he trusts most and you betrayed him."

Mei threw a glass of water from the table at Kuuga. "Shut up."

"You might think you hid everything well but I know what you did," Kuuga said wiping off the water.

"Have you told him what you've done? Before I got together with Takumi you had feelings for me. You tried to flirt with me and stop me from getting with him. You didn't think me and Takumi would last so you continued to stick by my side as a friend waiting for when me and Takum would break up." Mei said knowing a way she could get out of this. "The moment you tell Takumi what I did I'll tell him it was a lie you made up to try and get with me."

Kuuga slammed his hand down on the table. "When you got together I stopped caring for you because Takumi was happy. You really are manipulative and I see that now. I waited for you to tell him, it would've been better if you told him but no, you hid it from him. I hid it from him." Kuuga said regretting keeping it a secret from his friend.

"You need to tell him or I will. It's up to Takumi to be with you or not," Kuuga advised her. "I can't make him love someone else if he's stuck on you. If he still loves you, I can deal with that but I can't deal with keeping secrets from him."

Mei was unsure about what to do. It was best for her to tell Takumi since Kuuga could twist the story. She never intended to sleep with someone else. She was depressed and worried Takumi would leave her so she met up with her ex. They both got drunk and slept together but it was only that one time. She wasn't sure how Kuuga found out. She just wanted to bury that dirty secret. Mei cried the next day she realized what happened.

"You win. I'll tell Takumi the truth. Now if you don't mind I'll be leaving." She told Kuuga, getting up and heading for the door.

"Tell him everything. Especially about you and his grandfather."

Mei gasped.

~0~

"What are you doing?" Misaki questioned as she entered their living room to find Takumi with a photo book.

"I'm looking at some of you're old pictures." He answered flipping through the pages. "Why are you wearing a maids outfit?"

"Don't look at that!" She screamed embarrassed.

"So you use to dress as a maid. Kinky~" He teased taking the photo out of the book and waving it around.

"No, you pervert." She said trying to yank it out of his hands.

"Who knew you were into those kinds of things." He continued to tease her.

"I'm not into perverted things. Where did your family get you from? Out of space?" She wondered out loud.

"Prez was a maid." He sang holding the photo from her.

"Give me that photo you perverted alien from out of space! Ugh!" She groaned after she accidentally tripped over his foot.

Luckily, he caught her before she hit the ground but he fell with her landing safely on top of him. Misaki was blushing like crazy once she realized their position.

"Ugh.." She was lost for words.

Takumi smiled at her behavior. "Never thought I'd get to see this side of you. The demon president has a cute side."

He never paid much attention to it but she really was a beautiful woman. He heard the rumors of her chasing away men but if he had met her a different way he would try to court her. 

"Can you let me go?" Misaki said. He had been holding her too tightly.

"Oh." He had just realized he was still holding unto her. Takumi let go of her and then got up off the floor after her. He cleared his throat. "I made reservations to a restaurant I like if you're interested."

Misaki brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "You don't have to take me if you don't want to."

"To tell you the truth I booked it for the two of us."

"Really? Then I'd love to go." She smiled then remembered something. "Um...Takumi, I'm really sorry I bought up your family situation last time. I know that was probably a tough subject for you. I just thought I needed to apologize better for it. No matter how angry I was I shouldn't have brought it up.

"Thank you and likewise I shouldn't have said no man would want you and that you're doing this just for money. I truly believe you're a beautiful woman who would be loved by any man once they got to know you and I realize you do things with your family in mind. I'm sorry."

Misaki laughed awkwardly. "That's okay. Most men run away from me anyway. If this engagement didn't happen I probably would have ended up alone."

It was then he noticed a different side to Misaki. She was filled with hurt but tried to cover it up like it never bothers her. He wanted to know more about the woman who stood before him. He wanted to know the real Misaki Ayuzawa.