- Chapter 2-

Takumi sat watching her trying to figure out if she knew about him and Mei.

"It's really popular. I'll buy you it."

Misaki smiled. "I almost thought something bad about you but I know you aren't stupid enough to do that."

Takumi didn't know whether to be happy she put her trust in him or to be sad she did and he was going to hurt her in the end. He shook those thoughts out his head. She was known to be a man-hater. There was no way she will fall in love with him anyway for him to hurt her. She would probably chase him away before he knew it.

Takumi smiled a smile faker than a bootleg movie. In the end this would benefit the both of them. He knew it would and even if it didn't, as long as he had Mei nothing else matters. Misaki could hate him with all her might but that wouldn't matter either.

"I'm glad you are able to trust me now," He said reaching forward to take her hand. Unfortunately for him, Misaki slide her hand away from his.

"Not so fast. I trust you but not enough for you to touch me," Misaki smirked resting back in her chair. "I trust that I will allow you to get to know me better and I trust you will do the same. But, let's not be not so close to each other."

She eyed his hand as though saying to take it even further away from her. Takumi got the hint and moved his hand even further away from her. That was it. This woman was extremely annoying.

Mei returned again but not with the food yet.

"I'm sorry I forgot to take your drink orders," Mei apologised forgetting that she only took down their food order.

"Uhmm....No problem. I'll have orange juice with ice," Misaki said putting down her menu after she picked it up to check the drink list.

Mei was ready to leave when Misaki stopped her. She didn't take Takumi's order.

"You forgot Takumi's order," Misaki reminded Mei. This girl didn't seem to know how to do her job. Misaki won't say anything as she was not that type of person but she believed if you are doing a job you should try your hardest not to make any mistakes. Maybe she must be new and doing training but then a manager would have at least told them.

"I'll just have a glass of water," Takumi quickly answered not making eye contact with Mei.

When Mei was finally gone Misaki decided to start a conversation.

"So what do you like to do in your free time? Reading? Biking?" Misaki questioned trying to start some sort of conversation with this unreadable man. She could tell this would be a very boring marriage if there was no effort put into it.

"Nothing really."

Misaki squinted her eyes. The least he could do was ask her a question back or give a better answer.

"Favorite food?" She gave it another try.

"I eat mostly everything," Takumi answered so bored again. If she can't handle the way he answered maybe she should stop asking so many questions.

"I guess that's okay."

Misaki decided upon not asking anymore questions. Why should she be the only one trying? She was starting not like this guy even more. More than that she was starting to despise him. A great way to start this engagement huh?

Mei could not have arrived with their food at a better time. The tension between Misaki and Takumi was so thick you could cut it with a knife. In fact Takumi was annoying Misaki so much she felt like she would stab him with a knife but she held her emotions back.