Prologue

(A/N: Hi, welcome. First things first, Amita Suman is the face claim for Anya but as always you're more than welcome to imagine whoever you want. Second, thank you so much for reading. Third, I hope you enjoy this story. XxD)

******************************************************************

"What do you think you're doing with my raptors?" Owen Grady asked the woman who was holding one of the ten eggs.

"Your raptors?" the woman scoffed as she turned to face him. Her raven hair was in a loose braid on her left shoulder, and matched the black leggings and combat boots she wore, while her top half was covered in a park shirt that was knotted at her hip. Her face was bare of makeup and her chocolate eyes matched her skin, a single golden bracelet sitting on her wrist, the only jewellery she wore. She also wore an unimpressed look as she held the egg, with no intention of putting it down. 

"Last I checked, they were property of Simon Masrani, who also owns this entire theme park."

Owen rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and he's the one who hired me to train those raptors once they're born. So, paws off," he said as he went to take back the egg, but she moved it out of his reach.

"I don't think so, Sailor," she said with a smirk as Owen gave her a look.

"How'd you know I was Navy?"

She rolled her eyes. "Not every idiot would take a job training velociraptors, Owen."

He returned her smirk.

"You know my name, but I don't know yours. Or why you're holding my raptors."

She held the egg up higher, almost boastingly.

"Anya, put the egg down," came a voice as Simon Masrani himself walked into the lab with a woman in a white pantsuit walked behind him, a folder under her arm and a phone in hand.

The woman with the egg sighed. "Killjoy."

"I've bred those raptor eggs for you, I doubt I am killing your joy," he replied to her with a smirk as she set the egg down.

"I see you two have met," the red-haired woman said as she looked up from her phone.

"Way to state the obvious, Claire," the woman, Anya, scoffed.

"Anya," Masrani reprimanded and the woman only rolled her eyes again.

"I'm lost here," Owen finally spoke up.

"Mr Grady, I'd like to introduce your partner. Anya will be helping you train the raptors," Claire explained.

"I thought you hired me for a solo job?" Owen questioned Masrani as the woman moved around to his side.

"Technically, we did. You train them, but Anya is their day-to-day handler. It's easier for everyone to just partner you up. So, I suggest that you learn to get along now because you'll be working with each other a lot in the future," Claire explained.

"You're qualified to work with raptors?" Owen questioned Anya.

"I'm more experienced than I look," Anya said casually as she flipped her braid over her shoulder.

"And my daughter has always had a talent with the other dinosaurs, but that was only temporary until we were able to breed raptors," Masrani said as he placed a hand on Anya's shoulder.

"You're his daughter?" Owen asked in disbelief and only then did he see how similar they looked.

"Anya Masrani. Nice to meet you, Owen," she smirked at him as she walked over and stuck out her hand.

He shook her hand but hesitantly.

"Told you they were my raptors," she joked, and he let out a small laugh.

"We'll compromise. Our raptors," he said, and she pretended to think about it for a moment.

"Nah. My raptors sound better."

"We'll talk," Owen smirked and Anya only jerked her eyebrows at him.

"You won't be winning that argument anytime soon, Owen. My daughter is very good at getting what she wants," Simon spoke up, smiling at their interaction.

"Way to make me sound full of myself, Papa," Anya said to her father who only grinned at her before the sound of cracking drew their attention to the incubation table where the raptor eggs lay, and the first group of five were beginning to hatch, the second group not ready yet.

A genuine smile of excitement grew on Anya's face as she hunched over the table watching as the tiny baby dinosaur tried to free herself from the confines of the egg, Owen standing next to her with an equally big smile.

Simon and Claire then left, knowing that this was an important moment for the two trainers.

And as Anya and Owen both held a raptor in their hands, imprinting on them, it began.