Chapter 18

Anya ran back under the skeleton she'd dodged earlier, before throwing the flare and having it hit the Indominus before she was forced to the ground as Rexane crashed through the skeleton, sending the bones flying.

Rexane roared in challenge, only for the Indominus to roar back as it moved away from the souvenir stand.

The T-rex then seemed to protect Anya who was pushing herself up off the ground as it stood in front of her to face off with the Indominus.

She met Owen's gaze as he stood with Claire and the boys inside the semi-ruined souvenir stand that the Indominus tried to break into, and she had to smirk at his look of disbelief as they watched Rexane charge at the Indominus.

Their battle was vicious as Rexane went straight for the neck, teeth tearing into the Indominus' white skin.

But Rexane was put at a disadvantage with her short arms, an advantage that the Indominus took advantage of greatly as it scratched at Rexane before grabbing her neck and forcing her to the ground.

Anya, in the meantime, had gotten to her feet and was limping towards another statue to hide behind as the Indominus and Rexane fought a little too close to the souvenir stand, before its jaws clamped around Rexane's neck and sent her head into the stand, the boys, Owen and Claire cowering for cover as they barely avoided Rexane's jaws.

"RUN!" Anya screamed at them as Rexane was pulled out of the souvenir stand and it began to collapse.

Owen wasted no time in pushing the others out of the stand first, all of them heading over to Anya before the Indominus forced Rexane down again, destroying the stand completely as she roared in pain, blood pooling from the wounds on her neck.

As they all huddled behind the statues, Owen held Anya close as she watched the scene, suddenly very aware that her raptors were no longer there anymore.

And with its hands on Rexanes neck, the Indominus was about to make the killing blow before the sound of a raptor call drew its attention.

And not just any raptor call, but Blue's.

Anya couldn't help but smile as Blue roared as she came running, launching herself off the T-rex and onto the back of the Indominus.

She copied Owen's relieved smile as they watched the bigger dinosaur struggle to get Blue off its back as it let out a roar of frustration.

Only for Rexane to get back up again and go for the Indominus' neck.

Blue jumped on Rexane's back as she threw the Indominus around by its neck, and the humans ran.

With one arm around Anya for support, they ran into a gift store, only to be stopped as Blue came flying through the window.

The raptor wasted no time in shaking it off and running out, launching itself onto the Indominus.

As they ran out the other end of the gift shop, they didn't dare go into the street as Rexane pushed the Indominus into a building opposite them.

As it burst into flames, the building crumbled as Rexane grabbed the Indominus by the neck and flung it onto the ground.

But as it got up, covered in blood and scratch marks, and riddled with bullet wounds as well as the pieces of debris protruding from its skin, Blue landed right on its nose, the Indominus shaking its face vigorously as it roared.

Rexane then got in a good bite on the neck, but before she could make it a killing blow the Indominus threw Blue off it.

Rexane then ran at the Indominus, knocking it off its feet and sending it crashing into the electric fence that surrounded the Mosaurus tank as it sparked.

But as the Indominus got to its feet again and let out a threatening roar that Rexane and Blue returned, the Mosaurus lept out from its tank.

Her jaws clamped around the Indominus' neck as it tried to fight her off, only to be dragged down into the depths of the tank.

Gone.

Dead.