Chapter 56

(A/N: There are 2 more chapters after this one, we're nearly there guys. I hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

They didn't run very far.

Dr Grant pulled the group to a stop as a Dreadnoughtus walked in front of them, the massive creature making them feel ridiculously tiny right now.

Once it walked past, they were finally able to see where Kayla had set down the helicopter, but they couldn't get any closer as Ramsey reached out his long arms to stop them at the sound of the T-Rex.

"I've got this one," Anya said as she moved in front of Ramsey and the T-rex moved closer.

"First raptors and now the T-rex. Are you sure about this?" Ian asked as Anya's heart started to race.

"More or less," she answered as the ground shook with each step the carnivore took.

"Which is it?!" Ian exclaimed worriedly, but Anya didn't get a chance to answer as the T-rex growled, but not at them.

At the Giganotosaurus standing behind them.

And the two dinosaurs growled in challenge as they circled one another, as they circled around the small group of humans.

"Oh, this is not where we want to be standing," Anya muttered as Maisie grabbed her arm.

Their roars were deafening as they continued to challenge each other.

"This isn't about us," Alan determined as the T-rex lowered itself on its feet as if it was getting ready to lunge.

"Scatter!" Owen screamed as the T-rex roared and the two dinosaurs charged as the group dispersed.

Anya was leading as she ran with Maisie, Owen and Ramsey behind her, manoeuvring their group around the raging battle as she watched Ellie, Alan, and Ian help Henry into the helicopter that was just up ahead.

She honestly didn't know which was worse in this situation.

The two deadly carnivores engaged in battle in a very small space or the flying piece of machinery that still gave her panic attacks.

She didn't get a chance to make that joke and have Owen glare at her before he kissed her and promised she'd be alright because the Giganotosaurus thought it was a good idea to ram the T-rex into a metal wall that used to have a waterfall cascading down it.

Because that wall fell onto the large decorative stone that they were standing next to, creating a little tunnel that they were now trapped in as the Giganotosaurus pressed the T-rex down further.

It was a useless feat, but Owen and Anya still pressed their hands to the wall as they tried to push it back up, Maisie still pressed against the rock.

It was dark in their little cavern that was undoubtedly getting smaller as Ellie ran towards them only for the Giganotosaurus to turn on her and let out an ear-screeching roar.

At least until Kayla shot out a flare which distracted the creature long enough for it to set its sights on a new target. That target being the Therizinosaurus that had failed to find Anya in the lake earlier.

It screeched at the Giganotosaurus which roared back, Anya waiting until she was sure the carnivore had turned around before sending Maisie running towards Ellie and then running out herself.

"Come on! Come on! Let's go!" Ellie screamed as they bolted for the copter, Maisie being pushed to the front seat where she strapped herself in as everyone else huddled in the back.

"Everybody hold on to somebody," Kayla advised as they rose into the air and Anya's pulse instantly started to race as Owen moved to sit down next to her. He adjusted Beta comfortably before grabbing her free hand that wasn't holding the gun.

"Hey. This one's not going to crash like the other one," he promised.

"You don't know that," she replied as she shook her head.

"Well, the probability of that happening again with the ADS on is extremely low –" Ian interrupted only to be silenced by the glare the married couple sent his way.

"You remember how you said I'm too stubborn to be killed by a plane? Well, you're even more stubborn than I am. And we did not live through everything we did to get taken down by a plane. By another plane at least."

She huffed a laugh as she leaned onto his shoulder that didn't have Beta's head on it.

"You were helping until that last part."

Owen kissed her hand before kissing her hair.

"We're going home, Rani. We're going home."