Chapter 41

The Indoraptor climbed up onto the dome, pressing a clawed hand onto the glass only for it to break under the weight and the animal sniffed the air as it analysed what it had done.

Letting out a booming roar, Maisie slipped off the roof, not realising that she'd been inching backwards.

She screamed as she latched onto Owen's hand, pulling him along with her as he managed to find a handhold, keeping them both from plummeting to the ground.

"I got you!" he yelled through gritted teeth before he saw his handhold beginning to break as the Indoraptor crept closer, keeping its hands and feet on the metal beam.

But with less than halfway to go, the creature turned at the sound of a sharp whistle.

It began to snarl at Anya who stood on the ladder, gun in her hand, empty of darts as she aimed it at the dinosaur.

Thunder rumbled as Owen and Maisie pulled themselves back onto the dome, Owen giving her a nod, a silent message that forced her to stop her hands from shaking as she turned on the red targeting laser.

And aimed it at the centre of Owen's chest.

The high-pitched whirring grew louder as the Indoraptor followed the beam, getting ready to pounce as Owen moved in front of Maisie, stretching out his hands as if saying, 'here I am. Come and get me.'

The dinosaur roared as Owen said, "Come on."

And Anya hit the button to trigger the attack.