Chapter 58

The sun was warm as it shone down on the family and Anya helped Owen lift Beta's crate out of their car.

They'd all showered and changed before driving a little way out into the woods where they let Maisie have the honour of releasing Beta.

The baby raptor seemed excited to be free again as it relished the sunshine and fresh air before she began chirping and calling out for her mother.

But after a while, Beta looked back at the humans as if asking where her mother was.

"Why isn't she coming?" Maisie asked.

"She'll come," Owen promised.

"But maybe she needs a little help," Anya asked with a smirk that her husband mirrored as he turned to her.

"For old time's sake?"

"Wanna do it with us, sweetie?" Anya asked Maisie who smiled as she nodded before they all lifted their pinkies to their mouths. Owen and Anya didn't need to, but it was fun, not to mention louder, as the trio of them let out a summoning whistle while Beta chittered some more.

And then came Blue's chirped reply as she appeared, slowing her run to a stop.

She hissed as if she was preparing to attack before Beta made sounds of joy and happiness as she ran over to her mother and nuzzled her face as the two reunited.

Blue then turned and ran as Beta followed, the juvenile raptor hesitating for a second before she gave chase to her mother.

Maisie was the first to start moving back towards the car, jumping into the backseat as Anya went to the passenger side and Owen to the driver's side. But as they opened the doors, the sound of a raptor call drew their attention to where Blue had returned.

It was almost as if she was saying thank you for keeping their promise before she chittered one last time before running away.

"We did well," Anya remarked as she rested her head on the arm that was propped up on the roof of the car.

"Yeah. Yeah, we did, Rani."

"Come on. Let's go home. We have some smores that need roasting."

His smile was nothing but loving, as if he was looking at a dream that had come true.

"I've never heard of a more perfect plan."

And that night as they sat around a bonfire it was the definition of perfect.

They roasted marshmallows over the fire as they laughed, Owen and Anya reminiscing about when they worked together at Jurassic world and Maisie making fun of them both.

It felt different to the family moments they'd had before.

It was almost a bit more freeing in a way. They knew that even under the worst and craziest circumstances that they'd be able to find their way to each other again. Which was why Anya knew Owen would be less hesitant about Maisie heading into town again. He might not be super for it, as in he'd probably end up going with her, but he wouldn't be as upset and worried about it as he used to be.

Because the world they lived in now without Biosyn was very different.

It was one of coexistence.

There were still people that took advantage of that, but there were good people in this world like Alan, Ellie, Barry and Claire that fought against those people. That fought for coexistence.

That fought for their new world.

For Jurassic World.

And the Masrani-Grady family would always fight for Jurassic World.