Chapter 39

The Indoraptor jumped through the glass as everything in the display case came crashing down, the large trees and metal frame holding the lights being the only thing preventing the raptor from getting to them as Claire and Maisie screamed.

Anya's leg was pinned under a tree as was both of Claire's, most of Owen's body under as well as the dinosaurs frantic attempts to get to them only made more of them fall.

"GO MAISIE! GO!" Anya screamed as she pushed the girl to her feet and past her and Claire to back through the door that they came through before more fallen debris blocked the way.

Claire then let out a scream of unbelievable pain as one of the Indoraptor's talons pierced her leg.

And Anya's heart jumped to her throat in fear as Maisie's scream unknowingly called the Indoraptor to chase after her.

******************************************************************

"Anya! Rani are you ok?! Claire?!" Owen's voice called as he pushed his way out from under the fallen trees.

"We're alive, but we're pinned down and Claire's bleeding," Anya called back.

"Hang on! Hang on!" Owen said as he let out a pained grunt as he heaved the tree off them.

"Here! Put pressure on it," Owen said as he pressed a cloth to Claire's wound.

"Sailor you have to go find her," Anya spoke up and he moved to her, noting the blackened and slightly bleeding bruise on her leg.

"I can't leave you here," he said as he rested a hand on her thigh, the other on her arm, and Anya only pulled him into a kiss.

"Owen, Claire can't walk, that wound is down to the bone. And my knee is in no better shape. You have to go. Run!"

"I love you," he said before taking off.

"I love you too!" 

And Anya hoped to god that those won't the last words she'd ever say to Owen.