Chapter 19

They had said goodbye to Blue.

After almost nine years, they'd set her free.

All the other dinosaurs had been set free from their enclosures as the last of the guests gladly departed from the docks.

Claire had gotten a helicopter for her and her nephews to be taken to the recovery area in Costa Rica and had invited Owen and Anya to come along but Anya flat out refused.

After watching her father die in a helicopter crash, she wasn't setting foot in one anytime soon.

Claire had understood though, offering the woman one last thank you for saving her nephews before they left, rather than sympathy which she could detect that Anya did not want.

Anya told Owen to go with Claire on the chopper, but he'd refused too.

If she was staying, he was staying.

So, she'd kissed him and they'd both stayed, waiting for the ferry.

Now at the recovery post, Anya was helping Owen help the other newcomers, directing them to medical personal or cots or food and water stations.

Owen had also taken her to get her limp checked out.

It was nothing serious, she'd just fallen on her knee wrong after Rexane knocked over that skeleton. After giving her some painkillers and wiping down the bruising with rubbing alcohol, Anya was good to go, with orders to keep walking to a minimum and no running at all.

Though, she couldn't help the pang of envy and grief that shot through her as she watched Grey, Zach and Claire reunite with Zach and Grey's parents.

And then came the arms.

The arms that wrapped around her from behind in a hug and she sighed as she leaned into Owen's embrace.

"How are you?" he asked, and she was grateful that he didn't ask if she was ok.

"I miss him. So much. It's just like this big gaping void where he used to be," she said softly, eyes lining with tears but a deep breath had them disappearing.

Owen pressed his lips to her temple and her eyes closed as she relaxed onto his shoulder.

"I know it's not much, but you still have me. And I ain't going anywhere anytime soon. If that's ok with you at least."

Anya turned to him and smiled.

"I think I'd be ok with that."

And their lips met.