Chapter 26

With Anya leading, they pushed through tall grass before they came to a small clearing, the wreckage of an overturned car with the Jurassic Park logo, the original logo, on it.

"There you are," Owen murmured almost inaudibly.

But the only thing that burst out from the wreck were small dinosaurs that were gone almost as fast as they appeared.

A screech made the couple flinch as Blue appeared, jumping onto the car as she roared, scaring the smaller dinosaurs away.

"Hey girl, you miss us," Anya smirked as she held her hand out and she and Owen backed up as Blue jumped down in front of them.

"Easy. Hey!" Owen called as she hissed at them. "We brought you something."

He brought out a small piece of meat that he then tossed at Blue only for it to hit her face and fall to the ground.

"Let me try, Sailor," Anya said as she stood in front of him, bringing out a clicker. Blue hissed and growled at the sound as she began to circle them, Anya following her as she continued to click. "You know us Blue. Hey, eyes on me," she ordered softly, and Blue dared come closer as she sniffed, inhaling a familiar scent.

"You know me. That's my girl. That's right," she praised as Blue came closer, but just before Anya could touch her raptor again, a dart was fired into Blue's neck.

Blue cried out as Owen yelled, "Hold your fire! I told you to wait for my signal"

He was then knocked off his feet by Blue's tail as she furiously tried to get the dart out of her neck by scraping it along the ground.

Anya whistled, calling Blue's attention to her as she tried to calm her down as Ken's men emerged from the bushes, all armed.

"Back your men up right now," Owen said, Anya still more focused on Blue, whose eyes had landed on a man behind Anya as he raised his weapon.

Blue knocked Anya down, out of the path of the gun as she launched herself at the man, blood spurting everywhere as he screamed, and she tore at him.

A second dart was then fired into Blue's back.

"NO! Don't!" Anya yelled as the man who was getting mauled brought out an actual gun loaded with bullets, Ken also yelling in protest.

But the man didn't listen as he fired a single shot and Anya's heart dropped as Blue crashed to the ground.

"BLUE!" she cried as she went running for her only to feel the prick of a needle as she pulled the half-empty tranq dart from her neck.

"Anya!" Owen called as he caught her, the girl already unconscious. "Wheatley! You son of a bitch!" Owen cursed as he ran at him only for the older man to shoot him with a dart too.

And as Blue bled out, Zia furiously trying to keep her alive before Wheatley put a bullet in her too, Owen and Anya were left unconscious on the jungle floor as the volcano began to erupt.