Chapter 5

"S-Sorry!" Adrien quickly removed both hands, causing him to stumble backwards and run into one of his other classmates, soon enough his back met another wall. Marinette's heart skipped a beat, trying to control her shaky self. She felt like her legs would snap in a split second. "Hold onto the bar Adrien." Alya suggested. He cleared his throat. "R-Right." He reached out and wrapped his hand around the red metal bar behind him.

As Nino's eyes met with Adrien's from accross the elevator, he took the chance to wink at him. Adrien broke the eye contact by facing the ground. He'd never felt this anxious in his life. His eyes shot back up to check if Marinette wasn't staring. He was wrong. They both locked eyes.

He quickly reacted by facing down again, avoiding her, in hopes that no one else had witnessed what happened. Once the elevator doors slid open, Marinette dashed out the elevator. "Oh my gosh! That was so embarrassing!" Her hands hovered over her face. Alya's face grew a smug look. "Isn't that what you've always dreamed of though? Or was it more than that?" Her hazel eyes stared down at her bestfriend. Marinette gasped, giving her shoulder a light slap. "Alya we're only 15!"

"Hahaha! You know I'm joking! Now let's get some snacks I'm starving!" She noted. Alya clutched both hands over Marinette's shoulders to guide her but was soon stopped by their teacher. "Here are our waiting seats!" Mrs.Bustier signalized the middle of the airport. Eight rows of red colored cushioned seats, lined accross. "You may go buy snacks and do what you want for 20 minutes! Do not go to other floors or too far from here! Have fun!"

"Over there! They have Starbucks!" Alya exclaimed, picking up her two feet to march over the cafe. Marinette coming right after. Nino catched his girlfriend entering Starbucks. "Aye dude, do you want some coffee?" Nino said, adjusting his glasses. "I can't have that, my father only allows me to drink water or some vegetable smoothies." Adrien indicated while throwing his bag over his shoulder. 

He stared down at his friend in disbelief. "Bro does he not let you do anything at all?!" "It's so that I can stay fit and be ahead for my fencing practices, if I gain weight he'll kill me." A sigh left Nino's lips. "My poor poor dude." He patted his shoulder in sympathy, shaking his head from side to side. "Who cares what he says! Plus he's not here so let's have some coffee together! Come on!" He nudged him over. Hesitating, Nino walked passed him.

'Well I don't got a choice now do I?'

Holding the strap of his bag firmly, he hurried after Nino.

"Two chocolate cake pops anddd hm I don't know! There's so many of them!" Alya eyed the menu closely. The cashier stood there impatiently waiting for her to finish the order. "Two small Mocha Cookie Crumbles." Marinette ordered as the cashier typed it into the small electronic. "Wait! We need to add some things to that!" Nino interrupted by hurtling into the cafe, along with Adrien. Marinette gulped at the sight.

Adrien tried to lighten things up by showing her his signature smile, although things still seemed awkward between them. Halting, the cashier waited for them to proceed. "What do you want Adrien?" Nino asked him. Adrien's green inquisitive  eyes took in the menu. "Uh....I don't know I've never been here before." "WHAT?! YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO STARBUCKS?" Alya shouted in shock. Marinette was just as shocked as well, Ayla had taken the words right out her mouth. "Hehe, yeah." His hand scratched the back of his neck due to the awkwardness.

"No worries dude I got this, two small Green tea crème Frappuccinos and two croissants." Nino swirled a finger into the air. After typing in the whole order, the cashier clicked the button to print out the receipt. Grabbing it from the small printer, she handed it to Marinette. Marinette payed with cash and took the receipt from her. "It will be ready in eight minutes." She nodded and thanked her.

She then headed to the opposite side of the cafe, where the straws and napkins were stored in. Not even saying a word to Adrien. Nino pulled a straw out of the cup holder behind him, his girlfriend agressively smacking it out of his grip. "Hey!" He scowled. "Go!" She mouthed to him. "Ugh." Nino spun back around to face his friend.

"Hey Adrien, can you get me a napkin from that table over there? I think one of my water bottles happened to open and wet my things." Simply nodding, Adrien walked to where Marinette was. Her hand reached for a napkin until another hand stopped above hers. Her body immediately tensing at the movement. Her blue panicky eyes found Adrien standing beside her also shocked. "Sorry!" His hand jerked back.

She couldn't reply. She was trying her best not to faint. Simple things like this always had her heart fluttering. Sometimes it'd almost feel like exploding. It seems dramatic but it isn't easy to suppress her feelings. Taking a napkin, she handed it to him.

"Thanks.." Clasping a hand over it, he went back to Nino. "No no no! Get back over there and fetch me some more!" He demanded. Alya tittered at her boyfriend's words. "Uhm okay?" Before he could turn his body all the way, something thumped against his chest. "Sorry! I-I'm so clumsy!" Marinette took a few steps back, not daring to make eye contact.

"It's okay, no worries." Grinning, he proceeded to fetch some more napkins. "Ugh! This is so painful to watch!" Alya complained, faceplaming right after. "I swear my dude is too blind to not see how she feels about him." He rolled his eyes. Marinette gave Alya a straw and the other to Nino. "We haven't even gotten our drinks yet." Nino said. Marinette shrugged.

"Well we have eight minutes, we should go do something else while we wait." Alya said, placing her phone away after checking the time. Adrien made it back to the three teenagers. "Is this enough?" He placed the stack of napkins in Nino's hands. "Uh dude? You think I'm a hog? That's too much!" "Ugh okay I'll g-" Alya snatched the stack of napkins from his hands. "It's enough for all of us, thank you Adrien." She glared at her boyfriend, knowing he'd went too far.

He shot her his idiotic smile. "Come on Adrien." Nino exited the cafe. Adrien quickly following from behind. "Where the heck are they going?" Marinette watched the boys disappear. "I have no clue." Alya then spotted a small gift shop. "Over there! I can buy you something for your birthday!"

"A birthday present?"

"Welll no not technically one because I already have your birthday present saved in here." She patted her luggage.

"But I'd like to buy you something else! Let's go!"

To be continued...