Chapter 19

Adrien filled the tub with warm water to help Marinette wash off the remaining sand that still prickled her skin. He had the girl over his lap with an arm around the waist, as he attentively rubbed the sand off her arm. Gingerly, his hand ran down her back. Meanwhile, Marinette pondered over Adrien's words he'd said earlier. Unsure if she should ask him how he remembered about her birthday.

She wasn't angry but confused. For personal reasons, she disliked the idea of celebrating it. The thought of having others gathered around, singing for her over a cake to just stand there with an awkward smile for what always felt like minutes, only made her cringe. But I guess you could also say that she's just insecure, just like every other typical teenager. Right now she didn't care as much, the situation that occurred earlier was surely enough to overwhelm her.

But feeling her sunshine's boy delicate hand placed her mind at ease. Adriens emerald eyes followed the water droplets running down her back. Lost in his own thoughts, his mind rewinded him back to what Lila had said about Marinette.

'Does she like me?'

But then again, Lila could've been lying. He wasn't that stupid to believe every little word that'd crawl out her mouth. Adrien hadn't felt such joy in awhile, ever since his mother had passed it was difficult having to accept the fact that she's gone. Sometimes he still held onto the hope that his mother would show up in front of him with open arms and tell him that this was all some sort of prank. It's not like he isn't used to being lonely, he definitely is.

But having somebody to talk to and trust again brightened up his life. Adrien adored Marinette so much, especially when he spends time with her. He's seen a side of her that others don't get to see much. She's his comfort person. He was pretty glad to say that he got attached to her by a pair of handcuffs, call him a creep but none of this would've happened if they didn't get stuck together this way.

He missed feeling loved very much. Letting a sigh out, he held her closer against him until her back pressed against his chest. Adrien leaned in and gently placed a kiss on her shoulder. Marinette stiffened in shock.

'Did he really just kiss me??'

"Can we please forget about what happened? I hate seeing you like this...." He spoke in a sad tone, his grip around her waist tightened; now hugging her. His breath became unsteady as he placed another gentle kiss over her shoulder a second time and another closer to her neck. He wasn't thinking at the moment, his body immediately took control. At the same time, he couldn't believe what he was doing. But all he could think about now was...

'Comfort her.'

'Be her own comfort person.'

'Make her feel better.'

Kisses should be a way to calm her down. His lips pressed onto her back and back up onto the other shoulder. She breathed heavily, her heart pounded really fast. It all felt like a dream. A real dream. Knowing that she's in love with him she wasn't sure on how to feel about it.

"Let's clean ourselves up before the others get here." He whispered softly.

...

Mrs. Bustier clasped her hands over the keys as she then lead the two teenagers to their new given room. According to Julie, she had explained to the teacher about the incident between Lila and Marinette. The teacher was displeased about it, she never expected her 14-15 year olds to play such a game. But she most certainly did not want the commotion to continue so she decided to separate the two by giving Marinette A new room sense Lila and Marinette had the same one. Which meant a new room for Adrien as well.

Usually she'd make a fuss over it but Mrs. Bustier didn't want to be the kind of teacher that doesn't hear out their own students or understand them. For now she let it slide. Like every other teacher, she gave the entire class a 1st warning and told everyone to be more aware of their actions. She also made sure that Adrien's and Marinette's new room contained a Queen sized bed for them to share, it'd be impossible to share a bunk bed. None of them would be able to climb up the ladder or barely have any space.