Chapter 17

Pulling her down with him, the water surrounded their bodies giving them the ability to float. Adrien dragged both of his arms from her waist, Marinette panicked at the loss of contact, her eyes remained closed as she reached out desperately in hopes of feeling him again. She feared that he had abandoned her underwater.

'Did he really just leave me down here...alone?'

Adrien simply watched the girl. Forming a fist, he moved it back to hold it against his chest, the cuffs that connected them pulled the girl along. He wanted to remind her that he's still there, there was no possible way for him to just leave whatsoever.

'Mari you dummy! We're handcuffed!'

With his hands, he used his thumbs to gently rub beneath her eyes. He wanted her to open them but it didn't seem like she'd gotten the hint, instead she gripped his wrists tightly. It's clear that she's still scared.

'How can I get her to open them?'

As he was about to let out a sigh, he immediately closed his mouth after feeling the heavy mass of water entering past his lips. Almost letting a cough out, bubbles formed in the making of his lips pursed together. That's when his mind clicked. He purposely blew another one as the thin layer of water diffused over Marinette's face. The odd feeling had her brows furrowing in response.

But the feeling didn't stop.

Adrien blew bubbles through the water over and over, trying to get the girl to finally open her eyes. This only frightened her even more. Without having the clue of what it was she tried to swim away, almost dragging Adrien over with her. He gripped her hand tightly as he was about to blow another one but his eyes met her alluring ones, a wide smile played across her face.

'Her eyes...they match so well with the ocean..'

Her eyes were drawn away from his, she looked down to see seaweed, sand and some other water plants. Fishes big and small swished their tails from side to side. Star fishes rested on flat surfaces such as rocks. As much as she knew that she had a big fear of deep oceans, she couldn't lie about the view being so beautiful...or does it just feel this way because she's with him?

Adrien kicked his legs through the water, Marinette matched his movements, their motions gave them enough support to swim as far as possible. Marinette caught the sight of more shells sunk into the sand. Adrien mocked a blue fish that had swam by him. Marinette wanted to let out her laughter but couldn't due to the salty taste of the ocean. A few bubbles floated in front of her, she saw Adrien blowing them, her eyes lit up just wanting to give it a try.

Attempting to do it herself she ended up failing miserably, he was about to laugh and tease her but he shut his mouth again to prevent himself from drowning. Pointing up at the surface, he signaled her if they should go back up, nodding in return, he wrapped both arms around her waist and swam upwards the water surrounding their bodies moved in sync with his actions. They both panted for air once they've made it above the water. Chuckles were heard from Adrien. "You see I told you it wouldn't be so bad." She splashed water to his face only earning a pout back.

She laughed but was soon cut off by a big wave of water splodging her face. "Adrien!" She warned. "Hahaha!!" Rubbing her eyes to clear her vision, she repeatedly sunk her hands into the water making the boy almost stumble over her because of the cuffs, she then swerved it to his face. Before the water could hit him again, he sank himself underwater, Marinette was brought back down with him.

'No no no not this again!'

Rising back up with her in his arms. His free hand slicked his blonde hair back to get a better look at her. "Hey!" He for sure began to get on her nerves. Sticking his tongue out at her, he teased her behavior. Marinette placed both her delicate hands on the sides of his face, his smile fading away.