Chapter 18

Marinette couldn't stop processing what had happened half an hour ago. Adrien wouldn't dare to let her out his grasp.

'Was it some kind of sign? Does he....nah there's no way he feels the same way.'

She kept doubting herself but each time he'd grab her hand, playfully shove her into the water or just caress her face, her brain couldn't help but remind her of what happened.

'Was he trying to be clingy? Hm, cute.' She wondered.

Dipping both her feet into the water, Adrien was sat beside her on the huge rocks. It was fun acting like goofs together and trying to swim throughout the ocean but at the same time it was quite tiring because of the handcuffs. So they just decided to sit down on the rocks and do some star gazing. The dark sky was covered with a blanket of silvery stars shining with the moon and onto the surface of the water. "I see a rose over there." Adrien pointed out with his finger. Marinette tried to connect the speckled stars.

"That looks more like a chair." Adrien chuckled, "A chair?" "Okay maybe these rocks are not made to sit on. They're uncomfortable." They giggled before slowly falling into silence. Marinette realized that there weren't really any awkward moments between them anymore and she was grateful to overcome her stuttering around him. The silence brought her a sense of comfort. For some reason it felt cozy.

Like a warm blanket was surrounding her bringing her peace. It's him. He gave her warmth and made her feel safe.

'Does he feel the same as I do right now?'

Their classmates were away building sandcastles on the sand together. But it really felt like it was just the two of them alone, he turned his head to look at her.

Her eyes sparkled beneath the moonlight making her appearance twice as more admirable. His lips curled a bit to form a slight smile, he leaned into her shoulder and rested his head onto it. His damp fluffy hair tickled her skin a little as she looked over to find the boy closing his eyes. His chest and stomach moved up and back down. He always appeared to be handsome but this time he looked very cute in this state.

It'd become a bit difficult for Marinette not to take a quick look down at his abs.

'Should I look? No...he'd think I'm weird if I do that. But..he seems like he's asleep right now.'

Before she could the boy began to speak. "This feels nice.." Before she could react with a flinch, he opened his eyes to look into hers. The small warmth on her cheeks started spreading, he broke the eye contact to gaze back at the large moon. Marinette did the same. They were enjoying each other during the moment.

Marinette knew that she's used to him now. With her free hand, she slowly reached over to touch his hair. She stopped herself for a second thinking that she shouldn't. As she was about to back her hand away he grabbed it with his own free hand to place it into his hair. Marinette smiled at his cuteness, she gently ran her fingers through his hair.

The waves sloshed against the rocks, Adrien sighed as she continued soothing his hair between her fingers. He loved the attention. For once he had someone to care for him. It's hard being locked up in his house all the time because of his father barely letting him go out. He loved this a lot.

But he craved for more, more attention. His eyes closed again, he hadn't felt this comfort in a long time. He hadn't felt it ever since his mother had passed. It's beautiful and very relaxing. Taking her hand, he let himself open his eyes and sit up straight again.

The sound of more waves filled their ears. Making everything calmer. Their situation sort of became a blessing for them, being handcuffed helped them interact more and get closer.