Chapter 20

Previously:

Nino gazed over at his girlfriend and back at his best friend, knowing that it was now just the three of them that know about the key.

"Uhh yeah...thanks I guess." Alya hoped she did not seem suspicious. "Okay well we're gonna go now. I'm surprised that Chloe doesn't even want to sleep in the same room as Lila either." Nino traced back to the door. "Chloe may be rude but Lila is way worst." Alya stated and followed. "Ight dudes! See ya tomorrow morning!" He grabbed Alya's hand. "Hold on. Nino do you have the box?" "Ohh rightt." He let go of his girlfriends hand and pulled out the small box from his pocket and handed it to him afterwards. He gave Adrien a wink, leaving the girls confused as the couple then left.

"Uh...so this is your gift I've gotten you." He showed her the sparkly silver box wrapped with a red ribbon which formed a red bow on top. "You actually got me one?" Adrien giggled. "Nahhh I just wanted to give you an empty box for the fun of it...Of course I did Mari! Here open it!" She took the box from his hand...

_______________________________

She started by trailing her forefinger along the cherry red ribbon, fondling the edge of the material between her index and thumb. The cloth, soft and delicate. She certainly wanted to keep it which meant she needed to becareful to untie it. It'll upset her if she ruined it. "It's very pretty." She mumbled.

Adrien swallowed, his abdomen fluttering from his anguish thinking. He feared that she wouldn't like the gift. Flattening the edge a bit, Marinette tugged the cherry ribbon with tenderness. Loosening it just enough to detach it from the lustrous silvery box. Popping the lid right off, her frosty blue eyes looked inside.

A necklace full of blues, purples and white shells gathered into a pattern around a gold chain. Her mouth formed an o before letting out a shortened gasp. "Did...did you make this?" She tilted her hand to give him a clear view of the item. Adrien inclined as an answer. "Um..well when we were at that one beach nearby with all the shells I actually grabbed a handful of them and basically used them but technically it was Nino who made it. I asked him to because we're cuffed and I wanted to surprise you. He had no idea how to create these kinds of things so I had to walk him through the whole process over text in order for you to not hear me. And so like...honestly if we weren't cuffed I would've done it myself but it turned out pretty good so I hope that you like it.." He breathed out after his mini rant.

Marinette's radiant smile formed on her lips. It's amazing how this boy can be good at so many things. Other than that he's smart too. A throbbing sensation glided over her cheek. Soon enough she stopped smiling to ease the ache.

"Thank you Adrien, It's so thoughtful of you." She couldn't take her eyes off of it as she held a warm expression. He gazed at her with affection, lips curling a little to reveal a soft smile. "Yeah..well..I know that it's night time right now so just wear it tomorrow-I-I mean you can wear it tomorrow! W-well only if you want to!" He self consciously scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly. She giggled at his cuteness. "Of course! I'll wear it first thing in the morning." She inspected one of the pearls one last time and closed the box.

Adrien placed it on the counter beside the bed for her. "It's getting a bit late..I guess we should get some rest now?" His statement came out more as a question. "Um...I have trouble sleeping most nights." Marinette confessed. The blonde boy blinked. "That's quite funny, I do too..well sometimes...." A moment of silence stood between them.

Adrien then spoke. "Let's watch something together. How about some anime?" "Okay!" The girl beamed out. "Okay!" Adrien mimicked afterwards. He looked around for his phone. "Where did I put it?" "We can use mine." She offered, pulling it out her pocket.