Chapter 13

After the incident had been solved, everyone was now back at the beach-house. The two teenagers were in Marinette's room working on the given worksheet together. If they weren't cuffed they would've went their own ways. The girl traced her fingers over the miniature plastic container, pulling at the lid to pop it off and take a few pieces of lead for her pencil. Adrien inhaled some air.

"This room smells like..you." "W-What?" She looked at him, his sudden praise clearly catching her off guard. "Yeah, did you spray perfume in here?" "N-No does it smell bad?" "I wouldn't say strawberries smell bad." He smiled in a friendly manner. "...Strawberries?" "Yeah, you smell exactly like them." She couldn't help but laugh at what he said, which made him smile. Marinette sat down on Alya's bed (bottom one), grasping the worksheet in one hand, she took a mental note of what they've written so far, making sure no questions were missed. "There's just one more question left to answer." Marinette motioned over with the tip of her finger.

Adrien sat down next to her because of the painful ache suffocating his wrist. "What did you notice about your shell?" Marinette read the printed words. "What kind of questions are these?" Adrien chuckled, clasping his hand over the pencil that Marinette held before writing.

'I noticed that the shell was purple.'

He wrote on the paper.

"What am I supposed to write?" Getting a hold of the paper again, she took the pencil from him. "That the shell is medium sized and we figured out that it's a snail's shell." Nodding, she wrote down his statement. "There, we're done, now let's turn it i-" The door flinged open, causing them to flinch from the loud sound. "WASSUP MY DUDES-" "NINO! QUIT SLAMMING THE DOOR LIKE THAT!" Adrien yelled at the top of his lungs. "Why? Y'all hiding something?" A playful smirk crossed his face.

"Yeah right." His eyes rolled back. "Anyway love birds come downstairs we're makin-"

"Marinette! Come! Mrs.Bustier said we're making a cake from those fruits we saw at the forest!" Alya called from downstairs.

"Cake?" She murmured, thinking deeply about what she had said. "Adrien there you are! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Lila tramped inside, setting her bag down on her own bed. "You said you would help me with my homework, remember?" Her green envious eyes gazed over the blonde boy. "Oh...right." His own green ones darted away from her figure. Nino took notice and spoke up.

"Uh Lila we're literally on like a vacation, plus this is Adrien's first time on a school feild trip so why the h!ll would you wanna do homework?" "It's due tomorrow and I struggle with the subject quite a lot. Adrien seems to have pretty good grades so he's like the only person I can count on."

"We're literally on a trip. Mrs.Bustier wouldn't mind if you turn it in late." Alya joined in on the conversation, appearing behind her boyfriend. "It's fine I can help you Lil-" "NO! WE'RE GOING DOWNSTAIRS!" Nino stomped, snatching his friends hand and technically dragging the two out. "Hm, I'm starting to understand what Marinette meant now." Alya stared down at her intensely. "What are you talking about?" Her jaw clenched, eyes squinting to give her the same dirty look.

"Nothing." Swaying back to the door behind her, Lila cackled agitatingly. "I have no idea what you're talking about. But from the look on your face I could tell she's been trash-talking about me, tell her to keep her mouth shut or I will tell on her." Retorted Lila. Alya's flailing arm gripped the door handle in anger. "Lila. You're always spilling nonsense with your bad mouth, thinking you're so full of yourself. I don't know what Marinette did to you or what's going on between the two of you but whatever it is quit-"

"Ah! So you're defending her now. Come on Alya, knock some sense into your brain, can't you see that Marinette is the troubled one here? It's obvious she handcuffed herself to Adrien. She did it all out of jealously. She knew I wanted to spend time with him. She know's that he isn't interested." An arrogant smile appeared over his lips.