Chapter 16

The sun had finally gone down as the night sky began to show. Through out the day, Marinette and her classmates had been attending on different activities, the cuffed teenagers were having so much fun together that it even brought them closer to one another. They'd go on and on about their lives back in France and share their secrets. It's incredible how close you can get to someone in such a short amount of time. The two teenagers even found a solution to put their clothes back on-well mostly Marinette, Adrien could not process it and stayed into the confusion state.

Marinette removed the towel around her body. Adrien swiped through his phone, waiting for her. She'd told him to turn the opposite way so she could change but of course the towel had to come in, incase he saw her. "Marinette, are you done now?" She didn't move. Becoming indecisive to whether tell him or not, she took a deep breath as the word finally made it's way out. "Yes." Looking over, the boy was an awe.

Marinette wore the two peice bikini Alya had bought her for her birthday. The two peice set hugged the shape of her body smoothly. "..Wasn't that the one I saw you holding at the stor-" "NO IT ISN'T! QUIET! I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING!!" The embarrassing memory came into mind. Adrien chuckled loudly at her reaction. "It looks great on you." He soon complimented.

The girl noticed right away that he had on a pair of red trousers with the same black polka dots, matching her own bikini. They both wanted to go out to the ocean for a swim, a pair of handcuffs isn't going to stop them from achieving that. At this point it seemed like a normal thing to Marinette. Being handcuffed with her beloved crush. As he put his phone aside, Adrien pressed the off button.

"Let's go." Intertwining his fingers with hers, they headed out the restroom. There they've seen Alya with Nino, sitting down on his bed. "Damn so y'all tryna match now or what?" "It was a coincidence Nin-" Marinette was cut off by Adrien. "I assumed you were gonna wear the bikini I saw you holding at the store so I wanted to match with you." Alya became stunned knowing that Adrien never behaved like this with her before. It brought her so much happiness to see some progress.

"I'm going to go change too, so excuse me love birds!" Teasingly, Alya walked passed the both of them. "Quit calling us that. It's weird." Marinette forced herself to say even though deep down in her heart she knew very well that she didn't mean it. Not a single word came out of Adrien. Maybe he gave up with the couple already. "Ima wait for her, you guys can go out, not everyone in our class is gonna swim but there are a few people outside." Nino stood up from his bed.

Nodding, the cuffed teenagers left the room. Nino jogged over to the restroom. "Babe are you inside?" Knocking on the door, his girlfriend groaned in frustration.
"Can you wait you dumb f¡ck!? I'm trying to change!" "Calm down! I just wanted to talk with you b¡tch!" Nino snickered afterwards, they always messed around like this. "What!" "CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT ADRIEN SAID?! THIS WHOLE PLAN OF YOURS IS MAGIC!"

"Ya see what I said, he does love her. We just have to wait."

...

Stepping foot into the sand together, Marinette raised her head upward to take in the sight of the warm milky glow in the sky. The moon. The only source of light you can find in the dark, so enchanting and pleasing to look at. Her blue eyes traced back to Adrien's green ones. Her's seemed very appealing underneath the moonlight.

The corners of her eyes crinkled, indicating that she's smiling.

'She's such a pretty lady.'

Unintentionally, Adrien's lips formed a smile. His eyes traced away from hers as he glanced up at the starry sky. Eyes sparkling, a sense of comfort surrounded him. Some of their friends and classmates swam together in the ocean already, their laughter echoing at the funny moments they're experiencing with each other. Their teacher sat by one of the tables, multitasking, keeping an eye on all of her students while reading a magazine.

"Marinette come on!" Mylene yelled, rising above the water, she was sharing a floatie with Nathaniel. Adrien chuckled after spotting them together. "Adrien, how are we going to-" Marinette felt herself being picked up, her feet losing contact with the sand. Gasping, Adrien ran towards the water, holding her tightly. "CANNON BALL!!!" Her free arm instinctly wrapped around his arm as he jumped in.

Closing her eyes, Marinette struggled to swim up, Adrien watched her under water, continously struggling due to the handcuffs. He pushed himself through the water to get to her as quickly as possible. His arms circling her waist, immediately taking her with him back up the surface. Breathing heavily for oxygen. Mylene guffawed at the two of them.

"Don't ever do that again!" Marinette glared. "Sorry princess." Lila's face scrunched incredulity. "Princess?" Lila and Chloe sat together in the water. "Uh what kind of name is that?" Chloe spat. "It's a nickname Chloe." Adrien answered, Chloe then remembered what He'd said to her.

Can You at least be nice to Marinette...for me?

Chloe's hands clenched into fists, luckily her arms were underwater so nobody could see her. "Aw it sounds so cute!!" She gave a fake smile, Marinette smiled back awkwardly. "Just a friend huh?" Ivan smirked along with raised eyebrows. "Shut up Ivan." Adrien whispered defensively. "Who calls their "friend" princess?" Mylene kicked her feet through the rippled waves, getting closer. The black haired girl peered up at the blonde boy to hear what he has to say, he could feel the heat tickling the skin on his cheeks.

He was Grateful that it's dark, if it wasn't he would've made a fool of himself. "She's..my bestfriend."

'Why did it take a few seconds for me to say that?'

The thought made him tense up, his grip stiffening around her waist. Marinette felt the pain increase, he was tugging on the cuffs a little too hard. "Then why are you holding her like that huh?" Nathaniel questioned further. Adrien lifted their cuffed hands out of the water. "We can't swim separately when we're stuck together." Mylene shrugged it off.

"Where's Juleka? She said she was coming here with Rose." Mylene searched for the girls. Anger had started to take over Lila, she despised the way Adrien held Marinette so close and protectively. Chloe squinted her eyes, leaning closer to Lila as she purposely invaded her space. "Are you good? You look like that one donkey from Shrek, what was his name again?" "Ugh! Excuse me?!" She didn't hesitate to trail her hand through the water and shove it to her face. "NO! MY HAIR!!"

"Let's go swim underwater again." Adrien encouraged, he was about to move back to where they were before but Marinette stopped him. "No! What if we get lost!" "It ain't even that deep here, the deep side is somewhere over there." Ivan pointed at the right side of the ocean.

"HEYYY EVERYONE!!" Rose sat down, Juleka sat beside her, dipping her two feet into the water. "Wait Juleka! Tie your hair up if not it'll get ruined!" She rushed to tie up her purple hair with the pink scrunchie. "I already told you Rose, don't worry about it." "Guys! I've been looking for you!" Mylene floated over to them.

"Yeah you see? We'll be fine." Adrien said, moving away from the rest while holding her against him. "Adrien don't do it." A mixture of anger and fear crossed her eyes.

"Oh come on! Please?"

"No! What if w-"

"It'll be fine nothing will happen!"

"Adrien no-"

"3..2.."

"Adrien!"

"1!"

To be continued...

_________________________________________

Hello my loves! Thank you so much for 1k Reads! I know I haven't been as active as usual but I just wanted to say thank you for your patience. The next chapter will be much longer. 💖