Chapter 9

Alya tiptoed towards the stairs, making sure nobody had noticed. As told, Nino followed her lead. "Okay! Are you ready for the moment we've been waiting for!" Excitement took over her. "I don't know babe what if it goes wrong?"

"How many times do I have to say it? It'll be fine!"

They both hurriedly made their way down the stairs. Alya rolled into a human ball the second she got to the ground. As she rolled across the carpet floor, she stayed alerted, making sure they didn't get seen.

Nino shrugged and casually walked to where Alya was heading.

Bumping into the wall, a groan escaped her. Nino chortled at her behavior. Pouting at him, her legs stretched back out. "You're no fun." Offering his own hand, she intertwined their fingers together as he helped her back up. The couple peeked behind the wall to see if things were going as planned.

Marinette strolled over to Adrien and Mrs.Bustier, who were going on and on about the upcoming activities.

Some tables stood behind them, covered with dark purple table cloths. Adrien leaned up against the table while chatting happily to his teacher. Alya kept an eye on Marinette. The girl stopped to stand beside Adrien. She began asking about hangout with her friends.

Alya spoke.

"Okay when I count to three got it?"

"Okay." He responded shortly.

"Okay...one..."

Swoons of laughter were heard from the group.

"Two-"

Nino dashed towards one of the tables.

"I didn't say three you dumb f¡ck!"

She chased after him. Now that he got close enough to one of the tables, he crawled beneath it.

Alya took a hold of her steps to look around one last time. Mrs.Bustier almost caught her until Nino grabbed her hand and immediately tugged her beneath the table.

"Close one." He winked.

"Ugh! I didn't say three!"

Nino's lips curved into a frown.

"Sorry but I swear I heard you say th-"

"No time to talk!" She shushed him by pressing a finger to his lips.

"We need to complete this stat!"

Making sure that nobody else was in sight, she reached for the dark purple cloth and pulled it up slightly. The key here was to not get caught. After pulling it up, just enough for the two to peek through, Alya's eyes landed on Adrien's red shoes.

"You see her?" She whispered lightly.

Nino pressed his glasses up his nose before looking up to see Marinette standing beside Adrien.

"Target next to Adrien."

"Alright so you ready?" She gave him a smirk. "Ready as I'll ever be." His fingers gripped onto his red cap as he let out another wink.

"Okay when I count to three....three! Go!"

"What?! I wasn't ready!" He argued.

"Hurry up! Now! Before they get away!" Before he could start, Alya yanked his wrist back. "Take your watch off or they'll know it's you! Quickly!" Doing as told, Alya placed the watch inside her pocket, knowing that they'd have to run off after the mission is over.

Nino's hand sneaked beneath the table cloth. With a pinch to the back of Adrien's ankle, he jerked away from the stinging sensation, tripping over one of his shoe laces, Marinette's eyes grew wide.