Chapter 11

"....He's just a friend.." Of course Marinette didn't want to say that, those four little words always hurted her. "We're just joking dude!" Nino ruffled Adrien's hair by forming a fist with his hand. Adrien kept quiet, he could still feel the awkward tension between them. "Ima go hang with Ivan and Max for a bit, catch ya later!" Nino ran off to another table. Marinette began to eat her food, it was very nicely cooked and fresh out of the stove.

Turning to the boy beside her, he just stared down at the plate in front of him. "Marinette we'll be back, me and Juleka are gonna go help Mrs.Bustier set up the activities sense we've finished eating already." She gave Alya a simple "Okay", the two then disappeared inside the building. Mylene and Nathaniel's backs faced the cuffed teenagers, they chatted about whatever they'd found out on the internet. Mylene showed Nathaniel different things on her phone. Marinette then spoked. "Is everything alright Adrien?"

Silence

"A-Adrien?" "I can't eat when my right hand is cuffed." He said shyly.

'Oh right...his right hand is cuffed with my left one.'

Marinette got lucky to still have her right one, she, herself was pretty happy about it. But for Adrien, she knew he's gonna struggle quite a lot, he isn't left handed after all. Sitting herself directly towards him, Marinette grabbed the fork. Stabbing it into the slice of pancake, she lifted the fork up to his lips. He blinked. "What are you doing?"

"Feeding you, I mean you can't use your left hand right?" She casually said. Having no idea what to say, he opened his mouth to chew on the blueberry and banana flavored bread. Giggling at him, he smiled, his cheeks had toned down a bit, they were now in a rosy shade of pink. They both ate together, laughing every few minutes because the food would either fall off the fork or because she'd feed him too fast. Marinette was surprised that she were able to hold herself together in front of him.

Usually she'd panick and feel the urge to leave from his sight but right now she actually enjoyed his company. Doing these things with him, felt like they were in a relationship. But all she can do is dream, right? Alya observed the two  through a window, watching them laugh together, she could tell they were both having a good time. "They look so cute together!" Alya flinched after hearing Juleka's voice. "You scared me! I thought I was getting caught!" "Just look at them! They look so happy together!" She ignored what Alya had said earlier. Alya let out a sigh.

"Yup, they're literally soulmates but Adrien is too blind to see it." Juleka saw Mrs.Bustier heading towards the cuffed teenagers outside. "Oh no is she gonna free them?" "Nope! There's no way she can do that, when I'm the one who has the key." Alya smirked, pulling the key out from her pocket.

...

Mrs.Bustier went up to the two, Adrien quickly placed her hand down so that she wouldn't see that Marinette was feeding him. It's not that he cares but dating wasn't really allowed in their school and right now they were both acting like a couple. Getting confused, she peered over her shoulder to see their teacher. "I'm afraid to say this but I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news." Marinette and Adrien glanced at each other. "What do you mean?" He responded.

"Well I haven't found someone who can set you both free yet.." "What?" Marinette had the expression like she'd seen a ghost. "The thing is, we're at Bora Bora and obviously this is a field trip. So it means that at some point we'll be heading back to France. If I look now it'll take too long to find someone, it's pretty complicated so I don't think you'll both be detached until we head back. And yes, I've tried searching for a key online but we don't know the brand of the cuffs, turns out the brand is printed out on the key, without the key we don't know, so I can't buy a key online, I am very sorry about this, I did not expect this to happen but I'm sure it'll be solved as soon as we're back, just try to contain yourselves by staying positive okay?"