Full Metal Zombie: s1 ep4 pt2

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett.. wake up." I felt my arm being shaken and groaned at the feeling.

"Can't I just get 5 minutes to myself?" I pushed the hand off my elbow and continued to lay still.

"It's the bandits, Scarlett. Get up and get your gun out." The bandits?

I suddenly realized where I was and that 10k was the one waking me.

The damn Zombie apocalypse can be so annoying. I sighed before sliding off the junker and landing next to 10k's body. "Come on then." He placed his hand on my back and pushed me towards a hill for a vantage point.

"Just stay next to me."

"What about Murphy?"

"He knows how to run."

"Drop your weapons. On the ground, or the first shot takes your head off." Garnett spoke with a forceful tone at the bandits leader.

I got my gun out like 10k and held it to my side. We watched in anticipation as the father of the victimized family held their defenses against the bandits.

I also watched the bandits fearfully lower their guns but when they bent down I saw over their heads towards the side of the road.

Men were lined up on their knees with their hands tied to the back of their heads. "10k, you see that?" I pointed at the sight and he squinted to get a better look.

I didn't have to time to process what happened next. Gun fire rang through the air and I was being pushed to the ground with someone on top of me.

So I didn't fall while being lowered, I wrapped my arms around whoever's neck and pulled them closer to me. I didn't know how else to react.

I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't scared. I'm actually terrified.

Once the gunfire was gone and all that was heard was tires screaming to get away, I pulled back only a bit and saw the face of who I should've expected.

"S-sorry.." 10k sputtered and before I could pull my arm back he stood, pulling me up with him.

My arm still stuck around his neck. It was holding us close together. We stared into each others eyes for a moment before being broken apart by someone clearing their throat.

We looked over, still attached, the entire group was watching us. "You two lovebirds gonna stay like that all day?"

"What?" I asked in reply to Addy's question. I saw her eyes move up and down then looked straight again, my gaze meeting the side of 10k's face. "Oh! Oh shit." I pulled my arm back and tried to step out but his arms were still trapping me next to him.

He looked back at me and realized where his hands were.

His face became a bright red and he let go. The feeling of his hands leaving my body made me feel cold.

Didn't know why when I met him only a few days ago but I payed no mind to the feeling.

"Well then lets go." Murphy yelled and I quickly left 10k alone on the hill and went back to my last spot on the junker.

This time Doc and 10k were sitting on the engine, Mack and Addy were standing on the back.

I laid on my stomach and reached out so I was able to braid Doc's long gray hair. Gotta stay busy somehow and plus I had a hair tie.

Just as I finished tying the hair tie in his hair he ordered Garnett to stop driving. I looked up and saw our truck parked with the now dead family being eaten by Z's.