Murphy's Miracle: s3 ep3 pt2

Scarlett's POV

"How you feeling, Pea?" Warren asked, sitting next to me.

"Worse than I look." I answered, knowing I looked like I was gonna turn Z the next second. "I'm good though, I just want to talk with CZ."

Sun Mei continued to examine what was happening to me then I felt a wave of nirvana wash over me. My mind immediately went over to 10k and the image of a waterfall.

Everything was so serene, then I heard his voice calling my name.

"Tommy?" I asked with a smile, the feeling that someone was rubbing my cheek tingled. It wasn't an affectionate feeling but more of one where someone was trying to find a scar that was on their face.

I slowly brought my hand to my cheek to see if anyone was actually touching it when all I felt was the scabbing bite mark- I noticed Wally's been eyeing it the entire time he's been with us.

After Sun Mei was finished stitching my side, I pushed myself out of the chair and stood next to Addy.

"Scarlett, you should sit." Warren said but I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine. I wanna get to that radio just as badly as Sun Mei, maybe even more." I told them, Sun Mei responded with a snort.

"Who exactly would you be contacting?" She asked with a smirk.

"Citizen Z."
"My Father."

Addy and I said at once. Sun Mei furrowed her brows and looked at Warren for answers. "Same person, different titles." She shrugged.

"Let's go." I told them, heading to the door. My limp was completely gone but I could still feel the black goo seeping through the fresh stitches.

The group followed after me, we quickly got out of the Z's way as Wally took lead and showed us where Addy, Doc, Sun Mei and I needed to go for the radio.

"Hey, what's wrong with us? Breath not bad enough for ya?" Doc yelled at the Z's who ignored our presence and went after Warren, Hector and Wally. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him away from the main street.

"So, what the hell happened to you?" Addy asked as I jogged next to her. "One second you looked like you about to turn Z, then you space out and now you're acting like nothing happened. Also, who's Tommy?"

"No one." I told her. "Tommy is someone I used to know, I don't know why- or how- but I just had a déjà vu moment. And to answer your first question, I feel like nothing happened so I might as well worry about the current situation we're in."

"Well, I'm glad you're not Z. If so, that Wally guy wouldn't have let us mercy you." She laughed then looked up. "This should be it. Radio must be in there somewhere."

She stopped at the building door, pulling it open and peeking her head inside. "Any Walkers?" I asked, using Wally's nickname for Z's.

"Puppy and Kitten free." Addy responded, stepping inside. I followed in with Doc and Sun Mei on my tail.

"That must be it." I pointed to the small room. It had to be, it was the only room in the building. Doc walked over first, peeking into the window.

He shrugged then pushed open the door, immediately a Z jumped out. Doc pulled his gun but Addy and I quickly stopped him. "Remember no mercy, no killing and no piking."

"What am I supposed to do, Pants him?" Doc asked sarcastically as he holstered his gun.

"I'll give you a bullet if you do." I laughed as Addy nodded.

The Z looked like he was about to reach for Doc but pushed past him and went to tackle me. From the sudden weight, I fell onto my butt. Instead of trying to reach for my skin he stretched him next to try and aim for my wound.

Oh..

I fixated one hand to be able to hold up the Z while I reached the other one down to my wound. I wiped the black goo onto my hand and tried to reach away from me to wipe it on the floor- hoping it would get off me and try to lick it up from there but the Z grabbed my wrist and pulled my hand towards his mouth.

No matter how hard I resisted, the Z was stronger. He brought a goo covered hand to his mouth a stuck out his tongue, licking it up.

I groaned and held a face of disgust, the next thing I knew the Z was shot in the head and fell from on top of me.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I told the others as I wiped the rest of the goo and Z saliva on my pants. Addy came over to help me up then we walked into the radio shack.

The four of us looked around, I spotted the radio almost immediately but before I could sit in the chair, Sun Mei shoved me aside and sat down.

"Hey, that's our job." Addy said, referring to both her and I.

"She's right, Sun Mei. These girls got mad skills when it comes to electronics." Doc said.

"I don't need their help." Sun Mei told us, shrugging off her jacket and beginning to work on the radio.

"Do you even know what you're doing? This has no power." I said, stating the obvious while patting the CB.

"There is now. I have a solar charger and an AC inverter. It only hold a few minutes of charge, but that should be enough to contact my ship."

"Wow, that would have been nice to know." Addy told her.

"I'm sorry, your ship? If we have power, we're contacting my father. Your people have been no help and they will continue to be no help." I spat.

"I'm sorry but I have my mission and a chain of command to report to."

"Chain of command? Your mission failed. You do what Warren says now.."

"And if Warren was here she would tell us to contact Citizen Z." Addy and I went on. "Get out of the way!" I yelled, this lady was getting on my nerve.

"No." She turned towards me. I pulled my knife from my belt and held it up to her, Addy doing the same with her Z- Whacker. "You will have to kill me."

"Maybe we need to wait til Warren gets back." Doc said, trying to calm us down.

"I cannot wait." Sun Mei answered, glaring at Addy and I.

"Girls, the world doesn't need another zombie." Doc told us. Addy stepped away but I only put my weapon away and put my hands on the back of Sun Mei's chair, watching over her work.

"I can't work when people hover over me." She told me.

"Then learn how to."

-

Not Edited

I couldn't find a gif to use for this chapter so I'm sad to say that there is none

But hey! Another update; how awesome and I being rn?!

EDIT: i realized I've been spelling "Sun Mei" wrong for.. since she was introduced in this book so Thankfully I caught my mistakes in this chapter😂