A New Mission: s3 ep2 pt1

Scarlett's POV

Scarlett's POV

I sat next to 10k's bed in the med bay. It was after he was put under and I was just waiting for him to wake up.

I was worried about Murphy but before he went off with Merch he assured me he would be fine on his own, so what could I do? Nothing.

I intertwined my fingers with 10k's and caressed the back of his hand with my thumb. "I hate this. I hate worrying that you're not gonna survive this. Is this how you guys felt when I was shot? Or missing? Or poisoned- or the multiple counts I've been unconscious? I'm off track, my point is.. don't die on me. You're way to important. Besides, I need to rub it in your face about how right I was." I laughed.

An alarm began blaring throughout the submarine. 10k's body jerked up and I placed a hand on his bare chest. "What is that?"

"I don't know." I responded to him. I looked out of Med Bay when I felt 10k leaning on my back. "You should be resting still."

"They did hell of a job fixing me up, I feel better than ever. Let's go find Murphy." He nudged me forward while pulling his shirt on.

I rolled my eyes at the stubborn boy and lead us down the narrow hall. "There." I told 10k after noticing the blue man loading a boat into the water.

Why were we above the water level?

"Murphy. What's going on?" 10k asked when we reached the man.

"No time to explain, get on."

"Why? What'd you do?" I furrowed my brows and gave him a glare.

"Scarlett, get on the boat." He said more sternly, I began to feel the urge to step forward but fought my hardest to stay put. "Now." He growled.

My foot inched forward, I instantly felt 10k's hand reach out and grab mine. "Fine. Maybe you hoth need some convincing."

-

Murphy, Murphy, Murphy.

Can't you just get the hell out if my head already? Worse enough, you involved 10k now. Your saliva has improved.

Now, I don't feel as dead as I did the first time. This time I'm physically all there but mentally, I'm gone. This time, I think for good.

"This way, Love birds. Let's go." Murphy said, nodding his head towards the ATV's. I immediately obeyed, stepping out of the boat and walking to the back seats that faced out.

"We gotta find Doc, Addy.. and Warren." 10k said, grabbing a bag and stepping forward as well. It's obvious he had no idea that Murphy's bite was taking over his entire self. Like he's done with Cassandra and I in the past.

"I already said thanks. We're going our own way now."

"We kept you alive all the way to California." 10k argued, stepping forward. Murphy spun on his heel and stopped at me for a second.

"Good to have you back, Scar." He smiled brightly at me, I felt the urge to smile back. So I did.

It wasn't a big, happy smile like you would show when you got a puppy for Christmas but a sad, forced, tight lipped smile like when you got a pair of socks from your grandma.

Murphy nodded slightly then moved to the drivers seat of the ATV. "Where are you going?" 10k yelled from behind us.

"To start a new world." He said pack.

"We're not going anywhere with you, Murphy. Let's go find the others, Scarlett." 10k grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away from the vehicle but I stayed glued.

Has he not noticed to huge bite mark on my cheek or is he choosing to ignore it? Without a second thought, 10k threw his bag into the ATV and sat in the empty seat beside me with a confused look.

It's starting to affect him. I was able to restrain from Murphy's affect just enough to reach my hand over and grab his.

It was only about 10 minutes before we had to come to a screeching halt. 10k and I jumped out of the ATV, pulling our weapons.

I pulled my knives and held one in each hand. 10k took down a Z then more yelling came from the distance. "There." 10k said, pinpointing the sound.

We looked over, my eyes settled on three running Z's with weapons in their hands. "Zombies carrying weapons?" Merch asked, clearly confused.

Murphy raised his hands, trying to do his zombie mojo but the Z's continued to charge forward. "Those aren't Z's. Back in the vehicle." He ordered but 10k and I stayed put.

I gripped my knives and raised them, getting ready to fight against the newly found creature.

The first runner raised his bone looking machete and threw it, hitting the Captain in the head and leaving him to fall to the ground. Dead.

The others attacked the last two standing guards, leaving them dead as well. "Kill them." Murphy ordered 10k and I.

10k aimed his gun and immediately took the shot while I sprinted forward.

I stepped up onto the abandoned quad and used it as leverage. I jumped onto one of the remaining creatures and used my knife to stab it's head.

I smelt the blood of it and felt a part of myself open up. A gross part of myself I never wanted to be again. I felt myself begin to shut down.

I guess it's mixing two medicines together, I'm overdosing.. right? That has to be it.

Murphy bit me once, turning me into a half brained zombie. That was when he wasn't as evolved as he is now.

When the half brained zombie part of myself fell dormant, I thought that was it. I thought I could just be Scarlett again but I guess things are weird in the zombie apocalypse.

I stood straight after pulling my knife from the creatures skull.

Turning to face Murphy, Merch and 10k I stood still and emotionless.

I felt something leaking from my mouth and my heart rate begin to rise. The last thing I felt was my back falling down onto the dirt ground.

-

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty." I noticed Ot was Murphy who blocked the sun from my view. "You ready to get up or what?"

"What happened?" I asked with a husky voice. Murphy and 10k grabbed my wrists and pulled me to my feet.

"You started foaming at the mouth then had a seizure. I mean, why do people even have seizures? It's not like they help you or anything." Murphy rolled his eyes. "Well, you seem alive so let's go."

"Where?" I asked, following suit. 10k not even a foot behind me.

"Anywhere I desire, of course." He said, jumping in the driver seat. "And I desire to be away from humans."

-

Not edited

IM SO SORRY!!! I'm in Colorado so I haven't been very good with keeping the story up to date but I will get better.

PROMISE!