Warrens Dream: s4 ep1

Lexi Rabe as Lilly

Lexi Rabe as Lilly

Scarlett' s POV

2 Years Later...

...Things have gotten worst.

"Shit... where is he?" I groaned, bouncing Lilly on my knee.

"He'll be back soon, Scar. Here." Red smiled, sitting beside me on the bed. She handed me a plate of cooked mystery meat as she took Lilly and fed her snacks.

"Thank you." I began to eat but stopped when we heard rustling underneath us. "Hide her." I ordered Red, putting down my food and grabbing my gun.

I slowly crept to the hatch and lifted it just enough to see 10k with someone trailing behind him. "Doc? Is that you?"

The men looked up, both smiling up at me as they started to climb the tree. I opened the hatch entirely and let them in. After Doc, I let it close. 10k wrapped his arms around my waist and planted a kiss on my cheek before pulling away and going to Lilly.

"Daddy!" She whined, jumping into his arms. 10k kissed her forehead and swung her around, making her giggle.

"Hey..." He pulled his head back to look at her small face. "Do you remember your Grandpa?" He faced her towards Doc.

"Hey Kiddo." He smiled at her, making her hide behind 10k.

"Alright, give her back." Red said. "I was giving her those gold fish we found."

10k reluctantley handed Lilly back to Red and showed Doc to our bed where he could sit. "Wow, she got so big. How old is she now?"

"Two years and a month." I smiled, sitting next to 10k and putting my hand on his leg.

"Oh, wow. That is beautiful." Doc gushed, grabbing my hand and looking at the ring on my finger. "I see 10k grew a pair and finally popped the big question."

"Yup. It's been about a year since." 10k smiled down at me.

"Time flies when you're killing z's." Doc nodded. Red and Lilly came and joined the conversation, the toddler climbing into my lap and resting against my chest. Red pulled out her medicine bag and started to dress Doc's forehead.

"So, what brings you out here?" 10k asked.

"Well, actually, I've been looking for you three- four." Doc said.

"Is this some mission to find Murphy?" 10k asked

"Oh, no, no, no, hell no."

"Our bites still hurts."

"Let him finish." I said, putting my hand on his.

"I'm here to talk to you about Newmerica." Doc nodded, he seemed proud of what he was trying to tell us.

"Are you selling something?" 10k asked.

"What? No."

"Some kinda religeous thing?" Red asked next.

"Have we just met? No. I'm not selling insurance, and I'm not thumping the good book. Newmerica is a place. It's a safe zone in northern Canada, where it's too cold for the Z's." Doc explained.

"Scarlett, Red, Lilly and I have it pretty good here." 10k refused.

"Well, I see that. But for how long. You saw those z's after me. Something has got them on a war path." Doc said.

Lilly began to scoot off of my lap then grabbed my hand and pulled me over to her play corner. She started to hand me her toys.

"Theres been so many rumors and false hope. It's hard to believe." Red said.

"I know. But something about this feels right." Doc shrugged.

I turned around to look at the other three. "And if it isn't right? What? We're just gonna risk Lilly's life for nothing?" I asked. "Here, she is safe. She doesn't know about Z's, or the Murphy, or what mommy, daddy and Auntie have to do to stay alive. I don't think it'll be worth it."

"Scar, please just listen. The US government is involved."

"The Government?" 10k asked. "I thought the last of the government collapsed after the nukes."

"Well, apparently theres a few feds left. Theres some scattered platoons of marines, and they're trying to get everybody to Newmerica before the new snowfall."

"How do you suppose we get to Northern Canada?" I asked, beginning to braid Lilly's hair.

"They set up a refugee camp for the survivors that want to go. A convoy of trucks is gonna pick them up."

"I agree with Scarlett. This is a good spot. It's defensable. Fresh water, fish... haven't seen another person until you." 10k shrugged.

"But there's been more Z's lately." Red spat back.

"I'm telling you, these Marines mean business. They set up this camp with medical supplies and communication. Scarlett, you can radio CZ. Tell him he's a grandpa... that you're married to 10k." Doc sighed. "A year from now, theres not gonna be much in the way of humans left. You guys, I've- I just don't know if we're gonna get another chance like this."

10k and I looked at each other, I planted a quick kiss on Lilly's forehead as Doc began messing with his long beard. "You guys got any scissors?"

-

We decided to go. Whether it was Doc or Red who made the better argument, they won over 10k and I.

Lilly was laying asleep against my shoulder, her arms wrapped tightly around my neck. "Are we sure about this? If something happens to the four of us, what's gonna happen to Lilly? How can we be sure that she's gonna be safe?" I asked 10k in a whisper.

"I'm sure everything will be fine." 10k rubbed my back lightly, pulling me over to him so he could kiss my head.

"You becoming a mother had made you very paranoid, hasn't it?" Doc asked a we reached the tents. Doc led us through the gate and began yelling. "Yo, Doc! Doctor Mei Mei!"

"Doc!" Sun Mei ran up and hugged Doc quickly before pulling away.

"Look who I found." Sun Mei and Red embraced, she fist bumbed 10k then spotted Lilly and I.

"Who is this?" She smiled, gesturing towards Lilly.

"Sun Mei, meet Lilly. That's all her name is until 10k decides to tell us our new last name." I glared to the boy.

"She so cute." Mei turned towards Doc and examined his head. "What happened to you?"

"10k though I was some kind of Gandalf zombie, and he coldcocked me." He shrugged.

"Gandalf?" 10k and I asked, glancing at each other.

"Lord of the Rings. Gandalf." We both shook our head. "Yknow... long hair, pointy beard."

"History was never my best subject." 10k shrugged.

"And I never got around to watching movies while in my foster homes."

"And thats what gives me hope for your little girl. Chance to start over from scratch." Doc pulled out a metal can and opened it. "Cricket? What? It's protein."

-

Not Edited.