Home Sweet Zombie: s1 ep5 pt1

Scarlett's new outfit:

Scarlett's POV

"Hey, Pea! You find anything in there yet?" Warren yelled from downstairs and instead of yelling back, I skipped down stairs and showed off my new outfit.

"How's this?"

"That shirt..." Garnett said and made a face while shaking his head. "It's-"

"Better than my last."

"Not by much." Warren shrugged and took a sip of her coffee.

"I think she looks great. The shirt is a great choice. If she gets hot she can just take off her jacket." 10k defended me and I nodded at him.

"Uh, my jacket you mean."

"Seriously Murphy. You're still on that? It's not your jacket anymore."

"And why not?"

"Because I said so." I gave him a look and he opened his mouth to continue but I shushed him. "I've also been keeping your ass alive, and I haven't gotten a verbal thank you so this jacket was collateral."

"Thank you. Now can I have my jacket back?"

"If you don't shut up about my damn jacket then I'm going to drain the blood out of you, inject it in Doc and transport him to Cali instead."

"Why me?"

"Because I like you and I'd rather have you become famous for saving humanity rather than this jackass." I said while ruffling the 'jackass' hair more than it already was.

"You're up." Mack said to Garnett and Warren as him and Addy came inside.

"All good?"

"Peaceful night."

"Your stalker said there's a storm front coming in. How is it out there?" Warren asked the two and I laughed at CZ's new nickname.

"Cloudy with a chance of zombie."

After sending the love sick puppies upstairs to "rest" I moved from in between Murphy and Doc to the couch where Cassandra tried to sleep.

Tapping her knee, she opened on eye and made room for me on the couch. After scooting in close and wrapping my arms around her waist -her doing the same with my shoulders- I leaned against her until I was able to drift off.