Little Red and the WolfZ: s3 ep5

Scarlett's POV

I felt tapping against my cheek and someone shaking my body. I groaned, pulling my eyes open and saw 10k crouching over me.

"Hey, we gotta go." He pulled up on my hands making my head fall backwards. I was still a little droopy from being unconscious. "C'mon, Scar."

I was pulled up onto my feet, only then was I aware of my surroundings. I looked around and noticed we were on the shore of the river, both our clothes were still soaking wet.

10k let out a groan when I touched his side, I looked down and noticed a dark red stain on his shirt. "You're bleeding." I lifted his shirt to reveal and puncture wound.

"I think your knife got me when we jumped in. It's nothing bad, let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as we ran into the woods.

-

A couple hours passed, 10k was leaning on me because of his blood loss. One of Murphy's men that was chasing 10k was close, meaning I was either gonna have to kill him or 10k and I gotta hide.

10k figured the same this as me and pulled me towards the river next to us. "We can hide in there." He whispered. I nodded and helped him into the water.

We got deep enough so if Murphy's man came looking he wouldn't see us through the clear water. When we noticed him coming around a tree, the two of us sunk under the water.

Only 30 seconds later did we come back up for air. "Look." I spun 10k around to show him a wooden raft. He nodded and started swimming towards it with me on his tail. He grabbed onto the raft and reached out for my hand.

"You first." He tried to push me up but winced. I shook it off then pulled myself up. I quickly spun and helped him up as well.

We both fell onto our backs for a second before I pushed myself onto my elbows and looked down at 10k. "Hi."

"Hey." He put a hand to my face and caressed my cheek before pulling me down to him. Our lips connected and it felt euphoric.

I haven't kissed him in a while and I missed it.. I missed him. I smiled against his lips but his movements fell short.

I pulled away and looked down at him, his eyes were clamped shut. "Tommy?" My fingers drifted to his wrist and waited till I felt I felt his pulse.

Letting out a sigh, I laid on my back once more and watched the sky as we drifted down the river. A crow flew overhead, circling 10k and I. The former muttering under his breath.

-

10k and I cuddled underneath a tree, waiting for our clothes to become at least somewhat dry when I heard him let out a almost quiet groan.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, looking up towards him.

"Always." He whispered. "You have food?" I shook my head sadly. He pressed his lips into a thin line then leant it back against the tree trunk.

I pulled away from him and dug through the dirt until my fingers revealed a meal worm sticking out of the ground. "It's not ideal but it is edible." I shrugged, turning back around to hand it to him.

"What is it?"

"A snack." I answered after a second. "Eat it." He took it from my hands and shoved it into the side of his mouth, grimacing as he chewed. He shook his head in disgust after swallowing. "Hang your shirt on that branch to dry while I take a look at your side?"

"You really like bossing me around, huh?" He chuckled lightly.

"I just want you better, Tommy."