Down the Mississippi: s2 ep7 pt3

Scarlett's POV

Scarlett's POV

"Ya'll lost?" A hillbilly accent filled the air, cutting off Sketchy's story about his father. A group of four stood in front of us, each man held a shot gun making Sketchy, Skeezy, 10k and I raise our hands in surrender.

"Certainly not-"

"Oh, no? Cause either you lost or you're trespassing." The man with the sleeveless camouflage shirt said, raising his gun to come in line with my head. "Which one is it?"

"Well I was not aware they had changed the property lines since the last time we came through."

"Wasn't no last time. I woulda recognized you."

"I've been growing my hair out-"

"No. I'm sure you ain't from here. Am I right, Dale?"

"We're just passing through." I dropped my arms but the man stopped me by cocking his gun back.

"How 'bout emptying those pocket's first."

"Caught us on a slow day, boys. Sorry to disappoint." Sketchy said as we all flipped our pocket's inside out. "We'd appreciate it if you didn't kill little old Caroline here. Our plan was to breed her with this stud to repopulate the Earth when this was all over." Sketchy chuckled and I looked back at him in shock.

"What-"

"We got off onto the wrong foot here. You obviously look like intelligent men with an eye towards progress in future generations. What if I told you today's your lucky day?"

"Oh, I would agree. Ain't that right, Dale?" The hillbilly said with a smirk.

"Oh you right about that." His friend responded.

"You're both right. It's not everyday you can in contact with a modern miracle." Sketchy gestured to Skeezy. 10k and I looked at each other confused before listening to Sketchy's next bull shit story. "Your makers been smiling on you because today I offer you the most rare and precious of currencies. Everlasting life."

"Oh my god." I muttered, shaking my head at the man.

"What's he talking about?"

"Well, uh, if you're interested.. we've got-"

"You got a stuttering problem?" The hillbilly cut the boy off and moved his aim from me to 10k.

"Why, yes he does and he's actually very self conscious about it-"

"Let's just kill them." Dale cut Sketchy off from defending 10k. I looked around for a possible escape when my eyes landed on Skeezy. Then I thought back to their story about escaping the angry Albanians and the idea popped into my head.

"Have you ever heard of the Murphy?" I asked. Every man went silent and looked down at me.

"Oh, we've heard of the Murphy all right. Seen him even."