Doctor of the Dead: s1 ep13 pt2

Scarlett's POV

Scarlett's POV

I stood protectively in front of Cassandra and Hayden, replacing my machete with my gun.

10k (Tommy, I guess) stood beside me and Doc next to him. "Here they come." Doc said, preparing us.

10k took the first kill, Doc the next then told us he was out of ammo. The boy aimed for the Z's head and pulled the trigger but missed. "Damn.."

"It's ok, Kid. Remember that time in Missouri at the Piggly Wiggly."

"Frozen food section."

"Huh?" I questioned as Doc grabbed the cake from the table. In the corner of my eye I noticed the Z running towards me.

Before it could grab me, I grabbed my machete from my belt and swung it like a bat. The Z's head rolled across the floor and landed at Doc's feet. "Man, there goes that plan."

"Hey, the puppies dead. That's all that matters."

"Please stop referring to the brain eating monsters at puppies. It's really sad." Hayden whined while pulling Cassandra up form the ground.

"Roberta started it." I shrugged and put my weapon back. Instead I pulled my gun back out. "You guys hearing that?" I asked after hearing a ring tone.

"Sounds like a phone." Cassandra told us. I lead the group with my gun ready. The ringtone grew closer when we came to a stop next to a desk with two dead piled on each other.

"Here." I said while lowering my weapons. Doc grabbed the phone from the dead man's hand and began scrolling through the messages.

"A new message here from Citizen Z.." Doc said happily. I turned to him and snatched the phone from his hands. "Woah, kid.."

The day the two of us spoke in Utah, I've had my suspicions about him. "Operation Bite Mark. If you get this message, please respond. Hacked and searching lab mainframe. Discovered files you should be aware of. Really weird stuff. Find working computer, search HZN1 test results backslash backslash code name level nine. Password, red death." I read the message then looked from the phone.

Grabbing the two dead bodies, I pushed them to the ground and sat in the desk chair. "Aggressive." Murphy mumbled.

"Who cares, they're dead." I said back and turned on the computer in front of me. I quickly typed in the information given and videos of monkeys began playing. Each clip the monkey became visibly worse than before. "Look at the date on these videos. That's pre-Z. This virus was man made.."