The Vanishing/A New Mission-Keep Moving: s4 ep3/4

Scarlett's Pov

Tommy and I were sitting side by side and I was holding Lilly close to me when Murphy had came barreling out of a tent.

"He's gone!" He yelled.

"Who?" I asked back, glancing at Tommy as we stood up and followed Murphy and Roberta towards the tent.

"Burgess! He's gone!"

"What?!" Roberta exclaimed, but before we can get inside there was a snarling from outside the fence.

Everyone pulled there guns, Tommy shoved Lilly and I behind him. The other four had gotten in front of s as well when a zombie Mueller had come up and tore the protective gate down.

Lilly began to cry, I turned her away from Mueller and the others with their guns as I covered Lily's ears before they began to shoot.

He wouldn't die, like Czarnecki.

He grabbed onto Lucy, Doc bashed his head, then Warren grabbed and shovel and knocked him to the side.

Mueller jumped back up and attacked Warren. I backed further from the fight with Lily still in my arms.

I watched Murphy pull out a gun and made sure to keep Lily's ears covered as he placed the barrel against Mueller's skull and pulled the trigger.

I soothed down Lily's hair for a second before Mueller jumped back up.

"What the hell is wrong with the Z's?" I muttered, slipping inside of the tent Murphy previously ran out of.

"Mommy, I'm scared."

"I know, baby. But it will be okay, just stay here." I set her down on a cot and wrapped a blanket around her. "No matter what you hear, okay?"

I could tell she didn't want to be left alone, and I felt guilty for leaving her, but the others weren't killing Mueller by themselves.

I kissed her head before standing up and pulling out Charlie's knife.

I pushed the others away from Mueller and grabbed him by the back of his shirt collar.

I lifted him lightly before slamming him back down to the ground harshly. He was on him stomach and I got over his back.

Blade in hand, I began to stab him in the head before his body stopped moving.

I kept my knife raised in case he got back up, and he did. But, he swung his arm around and bitch slapped me off of him.

I went flying to the side, clutching my cheek from the pain that erupted from it.

"Fuck..." I muttered, I looked down at my fingers and saw blood.

"Clear!" That was Sarge's voice. Everyone moved away from Mueller, Tommy pulled me up an help me close to him as Sarge came storming in with her gun.

She pulled the trigger over a dozen times before finally, Mueller's body collapsed.

Tommy and I immediately went into the tent for Lily. She reached out for Tommy, but not me.

Maybe cause she knows that I'm okay? Maybe. Hopefully.

-

We had a truck loaded, Sarge had planned for us to meet up with the other convoys to join them on their journey to Newmerica.

After burying Mueller, Warren started off in the opposite direction. We tried calling her but she wasn't listening.

"Let me get her." I said, I jogged up towards her. "Warren, do you know what you're doing?"

She didn't answer.

"You can be honest. You wanna head west, Ten, Lily and I will follow you."

"I wanna head west."

"Can you tell me why?"

"Cause I have a feeling." She paused briefly, looking at me. "You'll follow me?"

"Always." I stuck out my pinky.

She eyed it, a small smirk falling on her face. "Always."

After our hands dropped I looked up at the others. "Come on, 10k!" I called out to him and Lily.

He didn't hesitate to follow us with Lily in his arms as we continued to walk.

Lucy followed next, and then Doc, and then Sarge with the truck, and finally Murphy.

Once we were in the car, I was sitting next to Tommy with Lily on his lap. She was tucked away into his neck, sleeping away todays events.

I reached up and lightly rubbed her back. She squirmed lightly then turned her head to look over at me. "Are you okay, dear?" I asked her softly.

"I'm sad."

"Why are you sad?"

"The scary man use to be nice. He tried to hurt you guys. If I'm nice, will I try to hurt you?"

"Oh. Well, he just got very sick and he could not control that. Okay? So, as long as we're all careful with you, your dad and I especially, then no. You will not."

"You promise?"

"I cross my heart." She smiled at me, I leant forward and kissed the tip of her nose then also laid my head against Tommy's shoulder as we drove.

-

NOT EDITED

Idk if this chapter is good... Idek if the last few chapters are good...