Down the Mississippi: s2 ep7 pt1

Scarlett's POV

Scarlett's POV

"It feels good getting out of those clothes." I told 10k. He nodded with a smile and handed me an apple.

Yes, real food. After Cassandra's death the group and I have realized that I'm not what Murphy turned me into anymore.

We don't know how but decided not to question it.

Right now I was walking side by side with 10k. "I bet. I think you've worn enough revealing clothes for a lifetime."

"Sucks I couldn't find new shoes though. These boots gonna be the cause of my nightmares for the next however long."

"I think they look great."

"Me to, except they don't exactly feel great when you're running for your life. If our case, we do that everyday."

"Hey, you could've stayed dead. That way you didn't have to run away."

"Yeah instead I'd be the one chasing. I was forced to eat people for 3 years of my life then willingly for almost a month and a half. I'm tired of humans and for the rest of my goddamn life I'd rather eat Twinkie's or apples."

"I thought Twinkie's made you throw up."

"Ah, you remember."

"It's the saddest thing anyone has ever said, no sugary treats? How can I not remember."

"I can have sugary treats just not as many as others are allowed. And as much as I love traumatizing you, there is a boat full of walkers just there. We need that boat."

"Good eye, Pea." Warren said, pulling out her machete. I stopped in my tracks at her words.

She hasn't called me that since before Murphy turned me. I didn't know why it upset me but it did. 10k elbowed my side. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I gave him a tight lipped smile and went to go help with the Z's.

I pulled a tarp off the ground to reveal a scrawny man. Javi, 10k and I pulled our guns, Addy held her Z whacker in line with his head.

"Easy, I don't want trouble." He held his hands up in surrender.

"What are you doing here?" Javi asked him.

"It's my boat."

"It's ours now."

"What the hell? Now what a minute. I don't like this deal, can we negotiate?" He asked us. Javi cocked his gun and pointed it back at his head. "Listen, this boat ain't easy to operate."

"There's seven of us, I'm sure one will figure it out." I told him. He opened his mouth to speak but stuttered.

"I know the river, the channel patterns. I can make a great asset."