Escape from Zona/The Vanishing: s4 ep2/3

Scarlett's pov

I lost sight of the sniper for a split second, and Doc had decided to crawl under the truck with me.

I kept looking through the scope when I saw movement inside the shack. There were multiple people inside, but still only one shooter.

When the sniper had gone back to his gun, I cocked mine back. "How many, kid?" Mueller asked.

"Just one shooter, but I'm seeing movement. He's not alone." I let out a breath before pulling the trigger, and I continued doing so.

"Turn that cabin into Swiss cheese, kid." Doc told me.

So I did. I continuously cocked my rifle back and shot the gun until I ran out of ammo.

-

It's been a bit of time now. Czarnecki was still over in the road and in pain, "he's suffered enough, show him some mercy."

Upon Mueller's wishes, I reloaded my gun and aimed it at Czarnecki's head before placing my finger on the trigger.

I wasn't able to squeeze it, though, because the shooter in the cabin had shit at us and made me jump.

"You alright, kid?"

"God dammit." I groaned, lifting my gun and aiming it at the cabin window again. I immediately found the shooters head and pulled the trigger.

I watched his body fall out of sight, but then another returned.

I cocked the gun back again and shot away from their head as a warning.

Then, I lined up my gun again and pulled the trigger at the same time as the shooter. Neither bullets hit the opposing side but instead each other.

The molded together and fell to the ground. "Damn."

Unlike with the other shooter, this gunfire seemed to never end. "We gotta show him some mercy." Mueller yelled. "On three, everyone lays down fire. Lilley, you got a clean shot on him?" She didn't answer. "Lilley?"

"Yes, sir!"

"On three! All right, here we go. One! Two! Three!"

I focused in my scope and the three of us, excluding Lilley, had opened fire on the cabin.

When we stopped is when Lilley finally built up the courage to kill Czarnecki.

But, he didn't die.

"Look!" I yelled out as Czarnecki began to reanimate. "That was a head shot." I said confused as Czarnecki stood and snarled at us.

"You mercied him?"

"Yes, sir!"

"What the hell is going on?"

I shushed Doc and cocked my gun back again and I trained it onto Czarnecki's chest.

The Zombie Sergeant had done a 180 and began running the opposite direction, towards the cabin.