Election Day: s3 ep8 pt3

Scarlett's POV

As Skeezy read off the poles to the election, the door bursted open to reveal three men. Each holding their own automatic weapon.

"Stop the vote!" One of them yelled, pointing their gun at the crowd. Addy put an arm around me and pushed me behind her protectively. The other two men followed their leaders move and one gun was pointed directly at Addy and I. "These men are con artists."

Yeah, well no shit.

"Uh oh.." Addy said, glancing back at me. "Z Partiers."

"Thanks to the zombies, America is truly the land of the free and the home of the badass. There is no president here. These men are tresonous claratans. They came in their limo, ripped off our town, and took all of our supplies as donations. What do you have to say for yourselves?" The eader fixated his aim onto Sketchy.

Sketchy glanced back at Addy and I, thinking back to a conversation we were having previously, about being a good person. "I say, uh..." He then looked over to Skeezy who glanced at a silver bucket which contained a gun. "I say you were never so happy as when we rode off with your shit."

The bandits furrowed their brows as Addy glanced back at me. After a second of silence, Sketchy and Skeezy raced for their guns and the shooting began.

Addy pulled me protectively behind the table we were previously sitting at and handed me a handgun. I barely noticed Doc and that mayor lady running inside the saloon, Z's following close behind.

"Doc!" I yelled, grabbing his attention. The mayor drew everynes attention to the zombies as they began to tear people open. I saw Gina and Tina, Sketchy's strippers, get taken down just before Doc made it to my side and helped me stand.

"Time to go." Addy said.

"What about the others?" Doc asked, glancing over to the Mayor.

"We gotta get to Lucy." I said, gesturng to my side. Doc fell silent for a second, connecting eyes with the mayor. They nodded to each other, Doc muttered an "They'll be ok."

Addy copied Doc's hold on me and they both helped me out of the saloon and into the limo we watched Sketchy pull up in earlier today.

Doc peeled off, and we could hear Skeezy yelling for us in the background just before Doc crashed into the leg of a makeshift water tower and made the entire thing fall down behind us.

We came to a quick stop and I saw Doc and Addy stick their heads outiside the windows. A few words between the two were exchanged before they stuck their heads back inside and looked back at me.

"Ready, kid?" Doc asked.

I let out a breath, glancing down at my side. "Yeah... yeah, I'm ready."

- 3rd POV

"Hey, Scar, don't go passing out on me now." Doc said, slapping the girls face so she opened her eyes. "Look, kid, we're here." 

Doc forced her head to look up at the house in front of them then the to side yard where a little girl with blonde curly hair handing a doll from a Z, two other ones standing around her. "Kids gonna get bit." Doc muttered. "Is that Lucy?"

At the little girls name, she turned and looked directly at Scarlett. The latter blinking a few times, tilting her head to the side at the strange feeling the little girl sent her. The little girl coppying her moves and even when her father came out, guns blazing, the two never broke eye contact.

It was an instant connection.

Scarlett pushed her way from Doc's hold, stumbling a bit before she was able to grab onto an old chair to hold herself up. Breathig heavily, Scarlett cupped the little girls cheeks and examined her face.

"Hi..." Scarlett said, a small smile tracing her lips at the familiar touch.

"Hello." The little girl smiled back. "I'm Lucy, and you must be Scarlett." She took the older woman by her hand and the Z's around them wrapped their arms around Scarlett to help her walk to the house. "My parents have told me stories about you. Said you were my older sister but you had to leave to go save the world."

"Really?" Scarlett furrowed her brows, panting heavier from all the movement. Her eyes were dropping more and more as the seconds passed.

To her, It just felt like she was very tired. "Yeah. So, did you do it? Did you save the world?"

"Uhh... not yet. I got sick." As if on cue, her knees buckled. The Z's arms were too rotted to stay attached to their bodies as Scarlett's true weight overtook them. 

"Scarlett!" Lucy cried, kneeling beside her. Scarlett was sweating, her skin was pale and fingers were probably too weak to even hold Charlie's knife. "Scarlett, what's wrong?"

Scarlett opened her eyes, looking up at Lucy and wrapping her larger hand around hers. "The people outside... they're good. They're my friends." She said in response. "I'm dying, Lucy." She said in a whisper.

"But you can't die... you're my sister." 

Scarlett's head drooped to the side, but Lucy reached over and pulled it up again. "Lucy... I'm sorry. I really am." She panted. "You need... you need to go with my friends. You can trust them." She muttered before her eyes shut and she fell unconsious.

"I can save you! I can!" She reached down to Scarlett's arm and pulled her sleeve up to expose her forearm. Scarlett didn't hear or feel Lucy. 

She didn't hear the little blonde girl crying for her to wake up and she didn't feel her teeth sinking into her arm. She didn't even see Lucy age five years from the bite. 

Addy and Doc came inside with Ma and Pa pointing guns at their head. "Oh, sweet mercy. Is she alright?" Doc asked, eyeing the unconsious girl with a bleeding arm. 

"She fell down and went to sleep." Ma said.

"And now she isn't waking up." Pa finished.

Addy and Doc looked at each other sadly, Addy's eyes beginning to water.

"Is she dead?" Her voice cracked as Ma put her in a chair and tied her arms.

Pa eyed the two hostages before looking at Ma then at Scarlett. He walked over and put two fingers against her throat. After what felt like an eternity of silence, he sighed. "I'm sorry but she's gone." He set a hand on Lucy's shoulder. 

The girl stood and walked over to a small love seat as Ma and Pa pointed their guns at Doc and Addy. "Please, you have to... you have to let us mercy her." Addy begged, tears running down her face. 

"Oh, Scarlett." Doc muttered, looking down at his lap. "If only 10k were here."

~

Not edited 

Thank you @EuphoricxLuvr for all the amazing inspo