Murphy's Miracle: s3 ep3 pt1

Scarlett's POV

Scarlett's POV

"That's either some kinda zombie pacemaker or we just found your transponder." Doc said as we all looked down at the Z Addy had just killed. Inside his stomach was a black cylinder with a long antenna sticking out.

I bent over and pulled it from the stomach, the other groaned while I rolled my eyes and wiped off the excess blood and guts that clung to the transponder.

"Is it me or is Murphy getting smarter?" Warren sighed, putting her gun away. I stood back up straight and handed Sun May her device before Warren handed me a damp cloth to wipe off the blood that got onto my hands.

"What's next, Jefe?" Hector asked. "We're running on fumes."

"We gotta keep moving until we can't." Warren answered.

"There's gotta be something we can find for fuel, let's roll." I told the others, Warren and I leading them off.

We came across a car jam, everything was smashed in and bone dry. "Not much here."

"Yeah, the entire world's been picked over 100 times by now." Doc sighed, making Addy and I turn back to him.

"Maybe we'll get lucky." The former said with a smile.

"Please, the only time we get lucky is when we're a second away from our demise." I laughed making her nod.

"Yeah, I don't know why I said that." She came to my side and we glanced around for anything useful until Warren called out.

"Look alive, everyone. Puppies and kittens."

"Y'know, those expressions put together really throw me off. Just gotta look alive and tasty for the dead puppies and dead kittens to decide that we're delicious enough to snack on." I pointed out, Warren gave me a look making me shut my trap.

I looked forward at the scene, a small horde of Z's circled around a dilapidated mail truck. I pulled two knives from my belt, one being Charlie's and the other a trusty- dusty throwing knife.

"Anyone notice anything unusual?" Addy asked.

"What, the fact that they aren't interested in us?" I asked. "Looks like they're after something.. or someone."

"There's someone inside." Sun May said as a man sat up.

"What're you thinking, Boss?" Doc asked Warren. "Piking party?"