Resurrection Z: s1 ep6 pt2

Scarlett's POV

I squirmed under the zombie Patrick as he reached for his friends and started to turn them as well.

When I finally got up and began to get away, he stood and chased after me. The first thing I thought to do was to pull my knife out but of course, no weapons.

I grabbed a chair that was lined against the wall and used it like a baseball bat to swing it at his head.

It wasn't a kill shot, unluckily, but it did give me enough time to get away from him. I tried to make my way towards the others but a group of Z's split us up.

"Scarlett!" Murphy yelled. I glanced over at him when the Z's turned to look at me.

They bagan to advance towards me and I reached out for something. A pan. Hm.. like Repunzel.

I waved at the Z's before turning and running out the door towards Warren and Garnett's room.

When I reached it, the door was open and the two were stepping out. "Charlie, Roberta!" They snapped their head at me and quickly noticed the 3 Z's chasing after me because they got ready to fight them off.

When I was finally stood by Warren, I turned and immediately swung the pan into the first Z's face.

"I thought you and 10k, out of everyone, would be able to take on Z's without no problem. What happened?" Warren yelled as she and Garnett attacked the other two Z's with books.

"Maybe if I had my knife." I brought the pan down on the Z's head over and over until the arms stopped grabbing for me. "We need to find Murphy. Last I saw he ran out another door that lead to the stairwell."

"And the others?"

"I don't know about Mack, Addy, Doc and Cass but 10k should be outside. When Patrick's lady friend left the cafeteria the two of us split up."

"Patrick?"

"One of the runaways that the Major let back in. If all three had the same plan, to slit their throats and turn everybody, then 10k could be in serious shit right now."

"He's 10k, don't worry about him. For now, worry about getting yourself and Murphy out." Garnett said and then the three of us fell silent.

"This is the way 10k should've came through." I said as we reached a hallway. "The cafeteria is just right down there."

"Yeah and that girl you mentioned could've been the one who wedged this door open for Zombies."

"What?" Garnett asked, confused as a Z opened the door and attacked the 2 adults. I stood behind while they took care of the Z. Two's a party, three's a crowd.. right?

"Guys, I'm gonna head outside and see if I can find 10k. Possibly get my hands on an actual weapon."

"You need to stay with us."

"I'll be fine. If I'm right and 10k is out there then we got nothing to worry about. But, just in case.." I drug out my sentence as I pulled the two in for a hug.

"Be safe Pea." Warren gave me a nod and pulled away while Garnett looked down on ne.

"If you can't find 10k, don't come back inside looking for us. These walls are a death trap."