Covid-19?

Hi...been a couple months since I did a sickfic and as I'm nearly at 300k reads, I had to do a new one.

This was suggested by LS_Writes . Thank you. Hope you like it.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

Covid restrictions have been eased in the UK. Harry hasn't seen his Mum for a while as he's been in America for many months. So when he was allowed home, he had to go straight to see her.

He walked towards to exit of the airport, seeing his Mum waiting for him.

He smiled the biggest smile and ran to her. "Oh God! I've missed you so much!" Anne cried.

It's true. She always hated it when Harry was away. She would worry so much about him.

"Let's go home." She said, taking Harry's case.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

As soon as they got to Anne's home, and Harry took his coat and shoes off, they sat on the sofa cuddled up as close as possible. Harry had missed her hugs.

"You ok my baby?" Anne asked.

"Yeah. Just jet lagged. I can never get used to that." He replied.

"You should have a nap. I'll make us a nice dinner later and we can catch up."

Harry nodded and stood up. "See you in a bit. Love you Mum." He said, kissing her cheek.

"Love you too."

Harry went up to his room. It hadn't changed since he was last here. He smiled as he got undressed and under the duvet. It took mere minutes before he was snoring.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

He woke up two hours later. He forgot where he was for a minute, then realised he was home and he smiled.

He got up and dressed and went downstairs, finding Anne in the kitchen.

"Hello. Did you manage to sleep?"

"Yes thanks. Still feel tired though."

"Early night later then?" Anne said.

"Yeah. Dinner smells good. Do you need any help?"

"No. It's nearly ready. You sit down." She went back to cooking and Harry watched. He loved his Mum's cooking.

A while later and the food was ready. Anne and Harry ate as they chatted. Mainly about what Harry's been doing.

"Is the food ok?" Anne asked.

"Hmm...yes, but...it's not got much flavour. Can I have some salt and pepper please,"

"Really? Mine is fine." She replied, rising to get the condiments for him, and placing them in front of him.

He sprinkled his food and ate more. "I still can't taste much."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Maybe you're getting a cold, that usually affects your taste buds."

Harry nodded sadly. He's missing out on how good this meal is.

When they'd finished, Anne told him to sit down while she cleaned up.

And when she went into the living room, she found him asleep on the sofa.

She put a film on and let Harry rest. Every now and then Harry would cough. Maybe it was a cold.

His cough carried on. Anne turned the film off and sat beside Harry. She felt his forehead. He felt hot. Anne was worried.

Harry stirred in his sleep. He coughed some more. It eventually woke him up.

"Hey love. You're coughing lots. Do you have a sore throat or chest?" She asked.

Harry sat up a bit as he coughed again. "No. Just the cough."

She googled covid symptoms as she was concerned he could have that.

High temperature

A new continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell.

Damn.

"Harry love. I don't want you to panic, but you've got covid symptoms."

Harry looked surprised. "Shit."

He kept coughing, which was making him feel hotter.

"You need to get tested. We'll go tomorrow. Try not to worry."

Anne was always so good when Harry or his sister were sick.

"Cuddle?" She asked.

Harry nodded and she sat on the sofa, letting Harry lay on her lap, a cushion under his head.

Anne would stroke through his curls, a thing she used to do when he was a sick little boy.

Harry was coughing so much. Anne was sure he must be in pain, but he didn't complain. He would just keep apologising that his cough was annoying her, which it wasn't.

"I'm sorry." He said again. Ten minutes after the last time he said it.

"Harry love. Don't keep saying it. It's ok."

"No. Cos if I have it, we're gonna both have to isolate. You won't be able to go out." He said between coughs.

"If we have to do it, that's fine. I'm sure we can cope with being stuck in the sane house for a while." She smiled.

Harry was absolutely exhausted, with jet lag and now this cough. So at 9pm he headed to bed.

Anne tucked him in, like he was a little boy again. "Shout if you need me. I love you." She kissed his cheek.

"Love you Mum." He replied, before coughing again.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

Harry had a bad night. He slept well while he wasn't coughing. But when he was coughing it was hell. He coughed so much at one time that he had to rush to the toilet to throw up.

Anne heard and was straight by his side.

She sat behind him rubbing his back until he finished.

She took him back to bed and placed a bucket beside it, just in case.

He slept on and off until he had to get up.

They were going to get a covid test soon.

They sat and ate breakfast. Harry was very hungry. But it took him a while to eat between coughs.

At 9am, they got into Anne's car and she drove twenty miles to the nearest testing centre.

Harry didn't feel well at all. His whole body ached. They both prayed the test was negative, but all these symptoms were saying it would be positive.

They arrived at the centre and Harry held his Mum's hand as they walked into the building. He was so nervous, as was Anne.

"I'm scared." He whispered as he waited to be tested.

"Don't worry darling. We'll deal with this whatever the result. I'm here for you."

"Harry Styles?" A woman asked and Harry went off to get tested.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

So yeah....obviously there'll be a part two.

What do you think the result will be?

Hope you're all OK?

All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕