Poorly little Harry

Anne was sitting on the sofa watching some old film. It was 11pm.

Her kids, Gemma and Harry had been in bed a few hours and she was enjoying the peace and quiet with a nice glass of wine.

"Mummy..." she heard a tiny voice behind her. She sat up a bit and looked over her shoulder.

"Harry love...why are you up? Come here." She motioned for him to come over to the sofa. He walked slowly and stood in front of her. She could see he was crying and her heart dropped.

"Tell Mummy what's wrong." She said taking his tiny hand.

"M-my t-tummy hurts." He sobbed, clutching his favourite Teddy bear.

Anne lifted him onto her lap and cuddled him. "Do you feel sick sweetheart?" She asked.

"A...a bit." He replied rubbing his tummy.

"Oh baby that's not good." She moved his hand and lifted his pj top up, looking to see if maybe his tummy was swollen. It was a bit.

Anne's hand moved in circles to try to ease his pain and within ten minutes he was asleep.

She turned the tv and lights off and took him up to her bed, placing him down gently and putting her blanket over him.

*****

"MUMMY!! MUMMY!!" Harry cried out waking Anne from her sleep.

He sat up holding his tummy and threw up on the bed and himself.

Anne shot up and grabbed Harry, rushing to the bathroom as he was sick on the floor.

She placed him in front of the toilet.

"Shh it's ok darling. Mummy's here. It's alright." She said trying to calm him.

"Mu..." he threw up again. The poor little boy was sweating but shivering as he continued being sick. Anne had to try hard not to gag as the smell was awful.

"Mummy." Harry groaned after he threw up for the last time.

Anne pulled him into her lap, not caring that he was covered in vomit. She had to calm her little boy down.

"Mummy? What's wrong with Harry?" Gemma asked as she appeared at the door. She'd been woken up by all the noise.

"He's not very well Gem. He's been sick." She replied.

"Oh no. Poor Harry. Is he ok now?" She asked. The eleven year old girl was so caring towards her eight year old brother.

"I'm not sure love. You go back to bed. We'll be ok."

Gemma nodded and went back to bed, but not sleeping well as she was worried about Harry.

"Are you feeling better now baby?" Anne asked as Harry relaxed. He nodded.

"Good boy. We need to get you cleaned up. Can you stand up?"

Harry stood on shaky legs. Tears fell quietly. He stood while Anne cleaned him up. She brushed his teeth and he used the toilet before they went back to the bedroom.

Anne had forgotten about the sicky bed though. Damn.

"You sit on Mummy's special chair while I change the sheets." She said, putting Harry down.

She made quick work of the bed before placing the now sleeping Harry back in the bed.

She put a bucket beside the bed just in case.

*****

The next day was spent with Harry laying on the sofa, Gemma sitting near him, checking he was ok. He slept a lot. But wasn't sick again. Thank God.