MINK

Seoul, Korea

Three years ago

Kyung Gi didn't think he would come back to Korea that year except for his sister's birthday. His father's call saying he wished to tell him something important made Kyung Gi get on the first flight back to Seoul. Scared, the man prayed during the trip that the news didn't concern a family member's health. Above all, he hoped it would not involve his sister.

Kyung Gi was lucky; his job didn't contradict his father's ambition. Even though people thought Kyung Gi had a carefree life, he was a serious businessman. A workaholic Kyung Gi partied little and tried to have a healthy lifestyle: lots of sleep, no alcohol, and one girlfriend. Recently, he found someone with whom he could share his passion for music; he was happy.

A chauffeur awaited at Incheon and drove him straight home where his father waited. The older man wasted no time. He wanted to finish talking to Kyung Gi before Hye Mi arrived from school.

The whole family reunited in the library, where even the house employees couldn't hear.

Seo Kwan Gi didn't beat around the bush and went directly to the facts, "I have Alzheimer, it's been more than a year Director Hong said it would progress slowly, but it seems I've attained a few stages quicker than excepted," he said looking at the notes he had taken.

"Yeobo," Sae Ha exclaimed in horror.

Kyung Gi stayed silent as he analyzed his father's words. He was used to his father's pranks, but seeing the older man's grave and worn-out face, he understood it wasn't a hoax.

"Yeobo, otoké?" [Honey, how come] his wife said.

"I don't remember things; at first, it was little things, but now unless I write them down, I just don't remember. The problem is I can't run Satellite. It's just technically impossible, and that's why I need you, Kyung Gi. I don't want the board to take over." The old man sighed before continuing, "and there's something else, I don't know what is going on. There are conflicts within the company."

"Abeoji, there have always been internal conflicts between artists. There's nothing new there."

"No, Kyung Gi, it's different. There is something bad going on."

"Who does it involve?"

"The girls Mad E and Song Ki."

Sae Ha gasped as she realized her husband committed an error when saying the artist's names. She noticed these mistakes, but she had taken them for a simple slipping of the tongue. Never would she have dared imagine her husband suffered from memory loss.

"Otoké Kwan Gi, how are we going to live? What are we going to tell our Hye Mi she is barely coming out of her shell? Oh saesaenghae," Sae Ha looked at the room's ceiling, searching for an answer.

Kyung Gi tried to be more pragmatic, " abeoji, what exactly do you want me to do?"

"Find out what's going on, fire whoever you need to, and take over Satellite."

It was easier said than done.

Where was he to start? Yet Kyung Gi reassured his father, "don't worry, abeoji, I'll find out what's going on."

Seo Kwan Gi also had another request; he wished his son to film him for Hye Mi. The man desired his daughter to remember him in good health. So they would do videos for her, which Kyung Gi would give Hye Mi for her birthday, and as modern times demanded, everything would be on a USB key.