four.

"Order for Sabrina!"

Sabrina flashed a small smile at the cashier as he handed her a pumpkin spice latte. She was quite partial to the drink, just another reason why Autumn was her favorite season, besides winter of course. Every time she ordered the specific beverage though, her mind would drift to Calum. The man would call her basic right off the bat whenever he saw her with one. It didn't stop her from drinking them, though, and it didn't stop Calum either.

So when Autumn came around and the seasonal drink was finally back, the first thing Sabrina did when she woke up was head to the cafe on the same block as her apartment. The drink had been some sort of comfort to her over the years for no particular reason.

"Thank you" She thanked the boy behind the counter and took a sip, immediately regretting it due to how hot it was. "shit"

She hissed at the heat engulfing her tongue, cursing herself for not thinking. She let out a breath and turned to walk out the door before she had face planted into someone's chest.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry" She apologized, adjusting her lid on her drink, thankful it didn't fall off. She glanced up from her cup and then did a double take. Her eyes widened and her mouth hung slight open, unable to form any type of sentence. "Uh, what are- I mean- Um, hi"

Calum blinked a few times, scratching the back of his head. It was obvious he was trying to hold back a smile, not wanting to scare the girl off. This had been the third interaction with his ex in the past week, and he was scared she would start to think he had meant for it to happen. The first two were on purpose, but he had just happened to be at the same cafe as her.

"Hey, Sab" Calum spoke. Sabrina there stood for a moment, not realizing what to even do or say. Does she leave? Does she give him a hug? Does she invite him to sit down? Many thoughts were swirling in her head which caused her not to notice the group of people trying to walk around them. She apologized and scooted out of the way, pulling Calum's arm so he would move with her.

"Hey, I didn't expect to see you here" Sabrina finally managed to speak. She was sort of in shock. Obviously she knew her ex was still in the same city as her, but it was a big area, so she didn't exactly figure she would see him as many times as she had already.

"Yeah, Luke and Sierra suggested it. They said they go here every time they visit New York" Calum told her. Sabrina had been the one to introduce the couple to the cafe. It wasn't well known as others, but it was a good place to wind down and chill at. The couple also knew Sabrina went there almost every morning. The girl bit her cheek and nodded, making a mental note to call Luke and chew him out later that day.

"Yeah, it's a nice place. They have good banana nut bread too" Sabrina mentioned, remembering Calum's obsession with the treat.

"I'll have to remember that next time" Calum said, taking notice in Sabrina remembering his favorite desert. A silence overcame the two as they stood there to the side of the cafe, not really knowing what to say next. Sabrina didn't want to be rude, but she also didn't want to make a fool of herself. "Did you wanna maybe sit for a while? Or do you have to go back to work? It's fine either way, I was just wondering"

Sabrina watched Calum as he stumbled over his words, talking quite faster than normal. He was tapping his fingers on the cup in his hand, a habit of his that he did either when he was nervous or deeply thinking. She assumed it was a mix of both.

"Well.." She trailed off, glancing at the clock on the wall that read eight fifteen am. She really didn't need to be in the office until nine am especially since she had worked late last night. She sighed and looked up at Calum, not wanting to turn down his offer. "You up for a walk?"