fourteen

"Ashton, why do you keep bringing me food" Sabrina sighed as she watched the man walk into her office accompanied with a bag of food and a wide grin on his face. The past few days, Sabrina had been working long hours at the office dealing with the upcoming collaboration line. She hadn't really been paying attention to much more than her work, so when she didn't answer Ashton, he got worried and brought her food. But hey, it's free food. She definitely wasn't complaining.

"I was just worried. You weren't answering your phone, and I know how you get when you get overwhelmed with your work. You tend not to think to eat" Ashton stated and dropped the bag on her desk right in front of her. She was glad it wasn't right on top of her designs, or else she would've thrown him out the window of her office. "And besides. We first bonded over me bringing you food. Remember?"

"MICHAEL" Sabrina screamed as soon as the boy let out that she had a crush on Ashton, who was standing right in front of them with his red bandana wrapped around his head.

"I'm sorry, what?" Ashton nearly dropped the bag of food.

"Yeah" Calum snorted, grabbing his food and walking off with it to eat somewhere else. Like frowned and followed him, backtracking to get his food, and then proceeded to follow Calum. Sabrina watched as he walked off, feeling the urge to follow him, but shrugged it off. Why was she feeling that way? She had just met the guy a couple of weeks ago. She barely knew him anything about him except for the fact he was a fan of her youtube channel, he wasn't a fan of tomatoes but liked ketchup, and he had always had a soft spot for San Francisco.

Okay maybe she knew a bit about him.

"I'm just gonna go over here" Michael motioned to where Calum and Luke were sitting. He glanced down at a box of chicken nuggets and swiped them into his hands, running off towards the two boys. Ashton glanced between Michael and Sabrina before clearing his throat.

"So.." Ashton trailed off.

"I don't like you" Sabrina blurted. Ashton's demeanor changed as the harsh words came out of her mouth. Her eyes widened and she turned red. "I do like you, just not like that. Not how Michael was implying it. I guess I was staring at you earlier and he got a couple of ideas. I mean don't get me wrong, you are very attractive and can pull off a bandana-"

"Sabrina" Ashton cut her off with the sound of his laughter. "It's okay I get it. You're like a little sister to me"

"Okay good" Sabrina sighed in relief, taking a gulp of her fountain drink Ashton had handed her.

"And besides. You obviously like Calum" Ashton shrugged. Sabrina's eyes almost popped out of her sockets as she choked on her drink. Ashton quickly sat his drink down and reached over to pat her back in order for her to stop choking.

"What?! Why do you say that?" Sabrina asked once her coughing fit had finally settled.

"Oh, please" Ashton scoffed. "I see the way you act around each other. It's obvious"

"Sure" Sabrina nodded with a weird look on her face, not wanting to believe he was right.

"Oh, just wait" Ashton chuckled. "You'll see"

"Yes, Ashton, I remember" Sabrina grimaced, opening the bag. "What is it with you and the boys always having to bring up my "crush" if that's what you could call it"

"Hey, you thought I was attractive" Ashton pointed at her. Sabrina rolled her eyes and sat back in her chair, giving the man a look. "And besides. I knew you liked Calum anyway"

"Apparently everyone did" Sabrina nodded her head, letting out a light laugh. "Those were the good days"

"Yeah" Ashton's laughter died down after seeing the look splashed across Sabrina's face. Her cheeks and nose were getting red and her jaw was visibly clinched. It was clear something was bothering her. Ashton had seen that look on her face one too many times. "Sab, you okay?"

"Yeah" Her voice cracked. "I'm fine, just stressed"

Sabrina looked at Ashton with a small smile, causing him to get out of his seat and pull it over next to hers. He sat back down and wrapped an arm around her, taking the drink out of her hand and setting it on the desk. He always knew when Sabrina was getting overwhelmed with her emotions. She didn't let it show quite often, as she hated being seen as vulnerable, but he always noticed whether she liked it or not.

"It's okay" Ashton rubbed her shoulder. He had always had a soothing affect on her, besides Calum. But when things got rough between her and her ex boyfriend, Ashton was her go to. She never really had that typical girl best friend to go to. She ended up finishing high school online, and all of the girls at her school were just trying to use her for fame. She didn't really associate with anyone in Los Angeles. And being in New York, she barely had time to even think about new friendships. The last real girl best friend she remembers having, besides Sierra, was a girl in third grade named Avery. The next year though, she moved out of town and she never saw her again.

"I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm crying" Sabrina sniffled, leaning her head into Ashton's shoulder. "I'm just so overwhelmed. I feel like ever since Calum came back my life has just completed turned upside down. And I'm not at all trying to blame him, it's me. It's entirely me. I just don't know what to do about it. And with Jake too, I don't know what I'm even thinking being with him. I honestly have no clue if there even is an "us" anymore"

"No don't apologize. I'm glad you're getting it out" Ashton told her. She nodded and leaned further into him, shutting her eyes. For once in a few days, she had finally felt comfortable and at ease. Her stress wasn't weighing down on her as much. "Can I give you some advice?"

"Please" She looked up at him. A small smile appeared on his face as he ruffled her hair.

"Think of the reason why you started dating Jake in the first place. And think of why you're still with him now" Ashton told her. "Don't do something just because you're too afraid to face the reality of things. You're a smart girl, Sabrina. I just think maybe sometimes you give yourself more than you're able to handle and it messes with your head. You just have to think about what you really want"

Ashton did always know how to give the best advice. Sabrina often wondered how he was so wise for his age, but never questioned it. He always steered her in the right direction with or without doing it on purpose. When she left Los Angeles, they drifted apart and that hurt almost as much as her breakup did. The two did call every now and then, but it was never the same. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed Ashton's help. Without him, she'd probably be even more of an emotional roller coaster.

"You're right" Sabrina mumbled.

"I'm always right" Ashton smirked, earning a pinch on the arm from Sabrina. "I'm just saying. If you are truly happy and want to try and fix things with Jake then I will be here to support you. And if you want something else, then I'll be here to help you out"

"Thanks, Ash" Sabrina said into his shoulder. "For everything"

"Of course" He smiled down at her. "I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again. Calum may be my best friend, but you will always be like a sister to me"

"So did you or did you not write "Best Friend" about me?" Sabrina quirked one of her eyebrows up.

"Why do you think Calum didn't want it on the album?" Ashton shot back, making Sabrina laugh. "No matter what happens, Sab, I'll always be here"

"I know, thank you" She told him.

"Of course" He told her. "Love you, little one"

"Love you too, Ash"

"Are you okay now?" Ashton questioned, concern filling his face.

"Yeah, I'm okay" She nodded.

But was she?

a/n : okay three updates in three days , i think that's a record for me. i can't even stick to a schedule because i just want you guys to hurry up and get to read the story so i will most likely just be randomly updating who knows

anywayyy i know this was kind of just a filler chapter but it's a cute one between sabrina and ash. trust me, you're gonna be wishing there were more of these in a few chapters

any thoughts ??? predictions??? comment and vote , let me know !!

love you all!!! -a