Chapter 3 - Remembering the past

Sorry for the delay on updating and for being a bit short. Hope you like it!!

At night, I opened my diary to write again.

Dear mom,

Lots of things came running through my mind today. This León guy seems very nice but I just met him, I can't trust him already. I...

I stop writing, hearing a knocking on my window. For my surprise I see León on my balcony asking to come in. What the hell?!

- León, what are you doing here? - I shout, whispering.

- I need to talk to you. Please, let me in! - He begs.

I look at him, thinking, but I open the window door and let him come in. He sits on a chair and I cross my legs on my bed.

- What are you doing here?

- I need to tell you something.

- Well...

He breaths in and starts.

- The reason I've been chasing you is that we know each other.

- What do you mean? - I asked, extremely confused.

He just answers me taking out from his jacket a picture, an old one. It's a little boy and a little girl hugging. They are smiling a lot. I can also see that picture was taken on the Buenos Aires Park, because I recognize the landscape.

- Wait... that's you and me? - I suddenly say, a bit shocked.

He just nods, slightly smiling.

- How...? - I ask.

- We... literally grew up together. I used to live next door but my parents moved to another house nearby. We spent our days playing and running and doing kids' things. We were best friends, until one day your mother died and your father took you to Spain. I can still recall that day. - He explains, with a certain sadness on his eyes.

What?

- Really? Were we that close?

- Yeah.

Suddenly, the door opens and my dad realises I am not alone in my bedroom.

- Violetta?! Who is... León?! What are you two doing here? - He asks, surprised and in shock, crossing his arms.

- D-dad... I can explain. - I say, nervously getting up.

- No, Violetta. - He turns to my father. - Germán, I came here because of Violetta, we came across in the park, this morning. We haven't seen for years and since we were best friends, I wanted to see her.

- So, Vilu. Seems like you didn't tell me everything about your excursion through Buenos Aires, hum? - My father smirks.

- Sorry, it's just I didn't remember him and I didn't want you to yell at me because I talked to a stranger and all that old speech you prepare. He came here to explain who he was. - I explain, under a smiley look of León.

- Ok, daughter, ok. But next time, just tell me, right?

- Yes. - I say, as he kisses me on the forehead.

- Oh, Germán. Can I ask you something? - León asks.

- Sure, son.

- Can I take Violetta to party I am throwing tomorrow? There will be some nice friends of mine. Just to integrate her. - He pleads.

My dad looks at him with the look:《You just asked me that ?》. But then, he simply says.

- Ok. She can go. But no drinks, drugs, bad things, understood?

- Yes, sir. - He affirms, widely smiling.

- I know you're a good boy, I mean, if didn't you change, so I trust you.

- Thank you! - León is super happy.

- I will walk you out. - My dad says.

- Ok.

When my dad walk out of my room, León turns to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

- I'll call you, ok?

I nod, still recovering from the fact that he actually kissed me on the cheek. I guess I am blushing.

- See you tomorrow. - He says, right before leaving.

- See you tomorrow. - I reply, astonished with that sweet goodbye.

You won't believe what happened right now. León was here, explaining me why he was chasing me around. We were best buddies since we were five, you must remember him. I don't...

Anyway, daddy found us in my bedroom and panicked a bit but, when he recognized León, he calmed down and when León asked dad if I could go to his party, daddy let me! Can you believe this? He let me go! I guess I have to thank León for this. His craziness was actually good. Yes, I'll thank him.

I put my diary inside a draw and close my eyes, trying to sleep.

*******

I wake up about 9 am with a ringing coming out of my phone. Who is calling? I rub my eyes and reach my phone. León. Wait... León? I slide to answer.

- Hello?

- Morning, Vilu! - He says, cheerfully.

- Wow, don't talk so loud. I just woke up.

- Really? So sorry!

- Don't worry. - I calm him.

- I called to say that I will pick you up at 9 pm. I will drive us to the party, ok?

- Ok, ok. Thank you. - I slightly smile.

- No problem. Well, hum, see you then...

- See you then.

He hangs up. Is he really coming to get me. It's like in those fairytales, when the prince gets the princess and they dance together until a kiss happens and they live happily ever after. Wake up, Violetta. It's just a party and he is just coming to get you.

I slowly get up to have breakfast.

Please vote and comment what you are thinking about this so far!!

Mi@