Chapter 16 - Best birthday

Dear readers, here is this long, long... long chapter, my longest untill now, with over 2200 words so have a good time. Ahaha ;)

I walked through the park, finally breathing pure air. I was not sure if that was really that pure, but at least it's not so polluted. The kids were playing with each other, while their mums smiled, looking tenderly at them. I sighted a bench and sat on it, sighing, but I immediately regretted it. There was an ice cream van. I quickly walked to it when I heard my name. Who would know my name in this unknown place? I look towards the voice and I cannot believe it. It was León. I paralyze but then I ran as fast as I can to him. He had that huge smile of him and his arms were wide open to shelter me. He ran to me too. When he was about to hug me, he fell to the ground, unconscious.

- León! - I shouted, breathless.

I look around me and I notice that I am in my room. Ugh! It was just a dream, and one with a very bad ending. I lay down, looking at the dark ceiling and thinking about that day. After lunch, León called me, he kept me up with everything the guys were going to do. Seems like Pablo is preparing a really cool activity. It was very good to talk to him, as well as to the girls. They called me in the afternoon and between laughs and tears we talked for one hour! I miss them all so much. Of course, there had to be an argument with my father. He took everything from me and still thinks that's the best for me! Now, this dream. Being away from León is killing me. Tomorrow is going to be the worst birthday ever...

******

I woke up with my buzzing phone. An alarm? I didn't remember to set an alarm. I turned it off and I walked downstairs to have breakfast alone. Once I did, I came back to my bedroom, and there I found a note in a yellow post-it on my bed.

Dress smart but comfortable. Catch the 203 bus.

What the hell? I found that strange but, without thinking, I put on some smart but comfortable clothes, as well as nice sneakers, just like the note said. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and grabbed my purse, ready to leave home. I went to the nearest bus station, which was 20 meters away from the house. I had to wait a bit, the 203 was arriving in 7 minutes. During that time, I thought about the author of that mysterious note. I really doubted it was my father, because the night before we had an ugly argument, Olga or Ramallo, possibly. They love me and perhaps they wanted to make me a surprise for my birthday. I saw the bus coming. I bought the ticket and when I was looking for a seat, I saw one with a yellow note on top. I took the seat as I read the note.

Leave in the next stop. Enter the Plaza Mayor. Go to the horse statue.

I kept the note in my bag and soon left the bus. I head up to Plaza Mayor. It was a huge square, with lots of restaurants, souvenirs shops and many tourists around. There were a few street artists. I went to the horse statue and, again, there was a yellow note.

Take a picture with the statue. Go and buy a souvenir. Leave by the northern entrance.

I took my phone out and took a picture with the statue. Then, I went to a souvenir shop and bought a nice keychain. Finally, I gave a last glance to that magnificent square and left by the northern entrance. I walked up that little street. It was rustic and people who were selling were very kind. They used to smile and say "Hola", I greeted them back and it made me think about Buenos Aires, because people there were very nice too. I was finishing walking the street when this little girl with long brown hair and big hazel eyes came running to me.

- Are you Violetta? - She asked me, with a big smile.

- Yes, I am, sweetie. - I kneeled down to her.