Chapter 17 - This is it

Two weeks without posting due to zero time! It's been really difficult to write but I did it!! I hope you like this chapter where the mystery ends!!

I opened my eyes. The bursting sunshine illuminated the desk beside the bed. I breath deeply and go directly to the door, heading to the kitchen, downstairs. I made my usual cereal and ate it in the living room.

I think about the day before and about how much I had loved it. But who did that fantastic surprise to me? More, where was everybody? Nobody was ever home! I took a deep breath, looking outside. As I finished my breakfast, I went upstairs to dress up. When I opened the door, I felt my eyes getting very watery, making my vision so blurry, I could not even see that room straight.

There he was. Lightly smiling. Waiting for me. I walked very fast to him and felt his body crashing into mine, at last. Tears were streaming down my face as I held him tight and as he stroke my head. There were no words, at first, but then I faced him, holding his hands. Looking into those beautiful hazel eyes, I smiled and said:

- What are you doing here?

- I came because of you, princess. - His warm voice pronounced that cute name, touching me very deep. Those eyes were shining like little stars, focusing on mine. My biggest wish was a kiss, equally magic as our first and only, the one that happened below the starry sky. But I still had things to say.

- León, how did you get here? - I asked, still into his grip.

- By plane. - He giggled as I playfully slapped his arm.

- I know, but how?

- Well, your father regretted bringing you here. Once he realised the harm he did to you, which was the next day, he called me and he booked me a flight.

- Really? - I said, astonished. But then a light went on. - So you did it?

He slowly nodded, smiling. I hugged him.

- Thank you so, so much. That was the best birthday surprise ever! - I said, hugely smiling.

- Anything. - He said, stroking gently my cheek.

After a moment of deep exchange of looks, I said:

- We'll talk later. I still have to dress up.

- Certainly, miss. - He kissed my forehead and left the room.

I watched him leave and, after making sure he was downstairs, I let out a little happy shout, obviously silenced by a pillow. I led my hands to my face and smiled crazily... That was too good to be happening! I pinched myself, with no other intentions than make sure that I was not dreaming or daydreaming. Of course, that hurt so yes, Vilu, this is reality.

I let a sigh out and chose some dark blue jeans and a pink sweater. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, leaving to downstairs. I did it without any noise so that I could surprise him. I went to him, foot by foot, gently, and finally I hugged him from behind. However, I forgot he was stronger than I am so he pulled me and layed me on the couch, landing my head on his lap. We both laughed hard but, slowly, I realised where I was and straightened up, sitting next to him.

- We're crazy. - He says, rubbing his neck.

- Yes, we are. - I agreed, looking down.

He got up, went to my room and got out of there with a bag of mine. He gave it to and said:

- Let's go?

I took his bending hand and we walked out of the house. He led me to the bus station and we got in in the first bus. That big crowded vehicle drove us to Parque del Retiro, that gorgeous park. We walked through the same entrance I did, the one with all those statues.