Chapter 23 - Titanium

Hello cuties!! This a new chapter of Brand New. This wasn't what I had thought of, I had written something else, but it seemed too forced, so I did this. It's much shorter than the usual, but I hope you still like it ♡

The alarm rang and I startled at it. It was 7.30 in the morning and that meant I had to prepare myself to go to Studio. Although, I looked around and saw the mess my room was, result of another catastrophic emotional breakdown. My mind went through all that had happened the night before.

I had turned on my computer to skype with him, as we had been doing for the last month, but again he was offline. It wasn't the first time. He hadn't been answering my video call requests for almost a week in a row. After that, I tried to call him, but there was no answer either, so I texted him. Let's guess... no replies. Then, I remembered how strange he had been acting in the days before being inactive and panicked. I started to think «Did he broke our promise?». My heart was sure he had kept up with it, but not my head. I cried and cried all night long, without stopping, also thinking about how I was missing him.

In the end, I fell asleep by 3am, with my bed covered in tissues, and woke up with a horrible headache. After going back to all these things, I got up and tried to clean everything and tidy my room before my dad saw it and asked me what had happen. Then, I had a quick shower, dressed up and did my make-up. As I stared at my reflection in the mirror I sighed at how I looked tired. Those days and nights without him were a living hell, a constant nightmare. I felt sorry for myself because there hadn't been a night where I didn't cry about it, so I felt stupid, incredibly stupid.

- Look at how important León is to you, Violetta. You keep crying over the same miserable thing everyday and grinding about the very same thing in every second you live. You're so pathetic! You promised yourself, the day he left, to not let a single tear fall and now this happens every night. Stop being childish. He is waiting for you and he will come back!

Yes, I was even more pitiful for talking to myself out loud. I raised my hands to my cheeks and took a deep breath. I walked downstairs and found my dad setting the table with Olga.

- Good morning. - I said as they both looked at me with huge smiles planted on their faces.

- Good morning, honey. - They said at the same time.

- Why are you looking so happy today? - I asked, with a confused look on my face, as I sat down.

- Nothing special.

It was the second consecutive time they spoke in unison and there was no way that could be good. I couldn't remember the last time they had done that, but I could be sure that wasn't a positive sign at all. However, I decided to play dumb and act like nothing had happen, even if I really wanted to know what they had up their sleeves.

- Today, we are going to perform in a showcase for the top 15! - I cheerfully announced, as I buttered a slice of bread.

- Really? Is it today? - My dad said as I nodded.

- I'm so excited!

The conversation continued, but soon I had to brush my teeth and get my purse to be ready for Studio so I could get there in time. I said goodbye to my father and left.

*******

I was getting nervous about performing in front of the students, which was kind of strange, that wasn't usual in me. I was already accustomed to sing to crowds, but, honestly, they were only fifteen, I couldn't see the point in being that nervous.

- Vilu, they are coming! - I heard Francesca say outside the door.

I ran out to see people filling the corridor, in excitement. I scanned them, with a smile in my face, as my hands started shaking a little bit harder. I went inside again to drink water, to try to relax and breath in some calm. There was a familiar voice outside, but I was more focused on keeping my anxiety levels the lowest I could. Although, then, that familiar voice, I could now recognise as a male one, talked to me, behind me.