Chapter 28 - I passed out

Here is the big finale I am so afraid of. It's shocking (at least I told the whole story to a friend and she thinks it's... shocking in the good way). I hope you don't get mad because trust me... things are going to turn out ok, okay? I'll be honest: most things.

I really hope you like it.

It had been a month since León was back, permanently back. We had been together every single day - we had to recover the lost time. We smiled, we laughed, we hugged and kissed... we had a wonderful time together. I had never been that happy, I am sure. You know when you look into someone's eyes and you feel drowning, like you lose notion of reality? You know when someone is smiling and you feel melting, like that smile could light up a burning fire inside your heart? That was how he made made me feel. And so much more.

I was lost with the idea of him, but, as much as I liked that, I had to wake up. I was starving. That day was a big day.

*******

He was driving downtown, to a rustic restaurant he had found on the Internet. I hadn't been there, but he had told me it had the best reviews. He parked and led me to the door. As we came in that cosy space, a waiter approached and greeted us, smiling nicely.

- Hello. How can I help you?

- Good evening. I have a reservation. - León said.

- In what name?

- Vargas. For two.

The man started consulting a book and, a few instants later, he located us. He showed us our table and left the menu on it. León helped me in and then sat in front of me.

- This place is beautiful. - I commented, looking around.

- Yeah, it looks even better than in the photos. - He agreed, later reaching for his own menu.

- What are you having? - I asked him, already browsing through mine.

- I was wondering about the parrillada. What do you think? It might be a good option.

- Yes, I don't eat that much, so I guess it's better.

We called the waiter and ordered. In the meantime, when we were waiting for our food to be ready, we talked.

- Are you okay? - I asked him, worried about the darkness in his eyes.

- Yes, why?

- Don't play me dumb. I see you're sad about something. Is it your mom?

His face frowned with my question. Bingo. It was his mother. And he soon proved it.

- She is with a feeling, so am I. - He said.

- What feeling? - I asked, deeply confused.

- My dad. He doesn't like to stay behind in a situation. - He explained. - He likes revenge. He is going to payback. I'm sure.

I was now very preoccupied. His dad would try to get revenge on us? I got scared, really scared.

- León, you're frightening me.

- Hey, calm down. He doesn't go that far. - He said, stroking my hand. - I'm here and I will always be, okay?

I nodded and we started talking about something else. Everything was now okay. Although, there was once when León got strange after receiving a text message. When I wanted to ask what was the matter, the waiter came and brought our food. After that, he changed subject.