Chapter 15 - Dear passengers

Yesterday, I was supposed to update but I had a problem with Internet connection. Enjoy!

I woke up with the morning sun in my eyes. I stand up and stretch a bit. Downstairs, I hear my dad talk with Olga, her screaming reaches the bedrooms and the entire neighbourhood, I am very sure. I reach the door and hear Olga say:

- She won't like it, Mr. Germán!

As I walk downstairs, I ask:

- What won't I like?

My father and Olga look at me, a bit in shock. I walk to them and ask the same thing, with no answer again.

- Dad, I am serious! - I say as he takes a deep breath.

- We are going back to Madrid today.

I freeze to that answer. We what? We are going back to that prison, the place I couldn't be happy in? The place where my friends are not in? My vision is blurry and my eyes are watery. I cannot believe this.

- Tell me, I am just dreaming, tell me to wake up, dad... Tell me that you are screwing up everything again, tell me that you're walking me away from my friends, from Studio, from my life here! Tell me, at least, why are you doing this again.

- My company is moving there, we have to go and you have absolutely no choice! - He starts screaming at me.

- I have a life here now! You can't just take it all away from me now! You think you have all the power, don't you? But you forget that you're using it wrong all the time, you're always hurting me, and still you think you're doing the best for me. Breaking news, dad, it's the worst you can do! Is your work more important than I am?

- This is not what's about, you know you're important to me, but it's my decision and I won't go back with my word!

- Sometimes you should do it, would avoid some things.

- Go and do your suitcase! Now! We're leaving after lunch. - He walks away and Olga just gives me a hug, while I desperately cry.

******

Dear passengers, please put on your seat belt for your safety. We are about to departure from Buenos Aires to Madrid, Spain. Thank you.

I follow the instructions of the lady and this annoying video starts to play in the plane monitors. I look through the window. That is my last view over Buenos Aires, the airport where I first met León. Speaking of him, I am going to miss him so, so much, his hazel eyes, his smile, his hugs... This is awful and I can't avoid these tears in my eyes. Walking through that airport made me recall that hit, I wish so bad that I could go back to that moment. I wasn't brave enough to call him or the girls, it pains too much to say goodbye.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, so I quickly wipe my tears and then look at Olga.

- Sweetie, don't be sad. It will be fine. - She says, stroking my face.

- I know, but this is so... I don't even have the words. - I have to bite my lip to contain my tears.

The plane starts to gain height... this is it, I'm on my way. Say goodbye, Vilu.

*****

I wake up with the lady's warning of the arrival to Madrid. Olga is asleep too so I softly call her. Fifteen minutes after, we could go out of the plane. I follow my father, Ramallo and Olga to collect our luggage. I haven't talked to my father since we got inside that airport. In three days, it's my birthday and, for once, I had the chance to celebrate it next to the people I most care about and my dad decided to take that chance away from me. I had a life, I have a life across the ocean and he took that from me. Everything.