Chapter 10 - Surprise!

Hey hey hey!!! Here it goes another chappy from Brand New !!!!!

- This is it, bro. - I take a deep breath, making him laugh.

We walk into Studio and the first this that happens is me is being rammed by two people: Fran and Cami.

- Girls! I was about to have a heart attack! - I almost yell, recovering from it.

- You did it! - Fran widely smiles.

- What? - I ask confused.

- You got in! - Cami adds.

The moment she says it, I freeze. I did it. I made it. I accomplished it. I GOT IN! I escape a big smile of joy and tears of happiness start to reach my eyes.

- I d-did? - I mutter.

- Yes! - Fran, excitedly shouts.

I hug them and I can’t stop smiling. Although, I look at León. His face is so cute right now, it’s like he’s proud of it. I love that. The trust he has on me and the way he gets happy when I am happy. So, I also hug him, really tightly. He hugs back.

- Thank you. - I say, with my head burried of his chest.

- You’re welcome. - He replies, shortly after.

We separate an the girls are looking at us tenderly.

- What, girls? - I make them the look.

- Nothing…

- I’ll go to the boys.

- Okay! - We three say in unison and then giggling.

So girlish.

- We have class in ten minutes. - Cami announces.

- So, if I am now an official student, I have to go? - I ask, smiling.

- Yes, pal! - Fran nods.

- Yeah! - I party.

We laugh and walk to the classroom.

******

- So, let’s greet our new student, Violetta.

I walk to the front of the entire class, next to Pablo, where, in the middle of fifteen people, I only recognise León, Fran, Cami, Maxi, Andrés, Brodwey and Diego. Oh and Ludmila and her friend. I shyly wave.

- Violetta, would you like to sing for us that song you presented in the audition? - Pablo suggests.

I am not expecting it. I was to nervous to do it but I accidentally look at León who affirmatively nods at me. I lightly smile and say:

- Yes, Pablo.

I go up on stage and grab the microphone. My hand is shaking so bad that I think I’m about to pass out. But then, I remember Fran’s and Cami’s happiness and how León was proud of me that I put the instrumental and start to sing.

I sing with all the passion I have, with all my energy. I feel the music and try to transmit them what I am feeling. I try and I guess I can, because everybody is smiling, except that irritating blond girl. The song finishes and lots of claps are heard at the end as I walk down, to step next to Fran.

- Thank you, Violetta. I’m glad you auditioned. Great decision! - Pablo congratulates me.

Pablo keeps talking but I don’t listen to it. I only think about that amazing moment, singing and feeling it. Oh, mommy, if you knew what is happening!