Chapter 26 - Solution Found

Hello!! I am sorry for taking a bit longer on this chapter. It's not because of its length (it's really short), but it's because it's the key to the next events on the follwing chapters. I won't tell you what it is... you'll have to think a bit about it! Enjoy ♡

There we were, in the final countdown, pretty much alike the time when I knew he was going. Painfully delaying the inevitable. We had only one week left and now knowing we had a serious relationship, I realised how tough distance would become later.

Laid on my bed, I started to flashback those two months and tried to gather some words to describe them. Probably, I would pick amazing, flawless, incredible… I would choose lots of them. After that date we had, our first, we had three others: one by the lake, another on a quite fancy restaurant and the in last one we went to the cinema. I was loving every minute of it because León was indeed special and that’s how he made me feel.

I threw a glance back to all those beautiful moments pictured in my head. In our last date, he had said:

- Princess, this our last for now, so please don’t forget what will happen. We never know if we have the chance to get together again, my dad can do the same for the second time. Okay? Don’t you ever forget us… and especially this.

After that, he kissed me passionately, ending that moment with the golden key. He was truly in love with me and I would never, ever let him go or forget him… Funny how words fade so quickly and turn to dust in a blink of an eye.

During that last week, I was trying not to have the worst perspective of the situation, however, that wasn’t an easy task. For my own well-being, I had to think it would only be two months, not a lifetime.

Drowned in these thoughts, I ended up falling asleep because the thing in waking up at 2.30 to occupy your mind with worries is that it makes you tired… especially if it’s a habit you’ve been having for a few days.

*******

My eyes opened as the first rays of sun bursted in the room and flicked them. It was the day and I had to be ready in time.

I had a shower and did my usual morning routine. After that, I had breakfast with my dad.

- Are you okay? - He asked me. I knew what he was referring to and I remembered my answer when we were standing before an identical situation. I said “I’ll be”. Although, now it was different.

- Yes, dad. I think so.

- I’m glad. He’s coming in a bit, so hurry up. - He advertised me, smiling.

- Ok, but can I ask you something?

- Of course.

- Why do you accept the fact that León and I are dating? - I asked with a confused tone of voice.

He breathed deeply and then answered me:

- I realised something, honey. I realised that I can’t control all the aspects of your life and that I shouldn’t. You are free to do whatever you want as long as that it doesn’t break what I taught you. Besides, León is a great boy. That look he has in his eyes… and you have in yours is the very same your mother had. That’s how I know what you feel is true and will last. That is why I accept it.

I smiled and I had a flashback of how cruel and over-protective my dad was back in Madrid. I think my brain did that to show me how big was the contrast with my dad’s old self with new one... and it was huge.

I hugged him and we both giggled while the bell rang. Olga opened the door and León came in, so I got out of the table and ran to hug him.

- Hey, princess. - He smiled as he was stroking my hand.