Chapter 19 - When reality hits you

Hi there! I'm sorry for delaying but school doesn't help in this. Hope you like this... Leonetta (but painful) chapter! ☆

My dad and I were waiting for the bell to ring at any minute. The news were devastating but, gladly, my dad thought fast of a solution.

* Ding ding *

I ran to open. There they were.

- Come in. - I gave them space to walk into the living room.

- Thank you. - Her squeaky voice was still the same, and the pain in it too. - Well, I guess this is it. Thank you very much, Germán. It it more than kind what you're doing to us. I know how sad León would be to leave everything behind and I do not want to harm my dear son. Thank you. - And her eyes filled up with tears and León hugged her, rubbing her back.

- Sofía, there is absolutely no need for you to thank me, it's a pleasure to help. - My dad smiled and winked at me. I wondered what that wink was about.

- I better leave to catch my flight on time.

She took a deep breath and hugged me and daddy and finally her son. It was longer and so much more emotional because, after all, she didn't know for how long she was going to stay there. I opened the door for her and we all saw her leaving in the taxi that would lead her to the airport.

We went back inside and León took a deep breath.

- No it's my turn to thank you. - He sighed with a smile.

- No worries. Violetta, show him his room, please. - My dad said, leaving to the kitchen.

We went upstairs and I led him to his new room. At least for a couple weeks, that would be his bedroom. He put down his luggage and smiled.

- Thanks, Vilu.

- You're welcome. Well, I'm going to dress up to my pajamas and go to bed. Good night. - I said, shyly and sadly waving. I was still confused about his reaction to my... blank answer. I was already turning the doorknob to leave when he called:

- Vilu?

- Yes?

- I don't want you to think I am mad, I just don't know what is going on. - He spills out, making me blush.

- Me neither, but we're still friends, right? - I asked, obviously sounding hopeful.

- Of course. - He confirmed, getting up and going my way.

- I'm glad. - I lightly smile, looking into his eyes.

He grabbed my chin with his thumb and gently kissed my forehead. He smiled and I left the room, more red than a tomato. I took a breath and went to my room to prepare to sleep.

*******

Dear mommy

It's been a while since I don't write to you, which kind of breaks my promise, although, I think you would forgive me if I told you what is going on... and it's a lot. Lots of things have been happening and they are occupying my thoughts, mind and time. You must know that the only thing capable of range all of these parts of me at the same time is León. Yes, he was the one responsible for the surprise I had in Madrid, all that guided tour around that city, we had a party with all my friends and we kissed under the stars. I eventually came back to Buenos Aires, I'm standing on my bedroom, because dad understood the harm he did to me. Lastly but not the least... he is on the room next door. Believe me or not, that's where he is right now. Why?

Well, as I told you in previous entries, his parents are facing a divorce, but his dad went to the United States for work matters. He quitted his partnership with my dad, left the company and flew away due to a new opportunity in business management. Doing that he not only left behind his "wife" and son, but also a divorce process in the middle. Sofía was hopeful that would make him change his mind, that's why she went to the US, but, if he ran away because of a job, he wouldn't care about his marriage again. She wanted to take León with her but she noticed the pain that would hit him if she did so.