Chapter 20 - My Guarantee

Hey there, my cute followers!! Here it is the new chapter of Brand New. As the last one, it is going to be bittersweet, but don't kill me, ok? Soon, trust me, soon Leonetta will see the light of day. Additionally, this chapter is a bit more shorter, but more deep and introspective. I hope you like that and don't think it's too dense and get bored, but I think that, where tt'he story has come and where the feeling came to, it needed to be more like that, they needed to be scanned. So, here it goes!!

Yes, finally it was Monday. I could go to Studio and be with my friends. I was getting my bag to go when León said:

- Good morning, Violetta.

- Gosh, you scared me! - I opened widely my eyes and brought my hands to my chest.

- Gee, am I that ugly? - He giggled.

- Of course not. - I shot, blushing right after. He was hot, damn... way too far away from ugly.

- Shall we go? - He said.

- Yes!

Our way to Studio was quite awkward. I mean, we were only talking about the weather, TV shows, Studio, not about us. Not about what had happened the morning before, when he said he loved me or when he said we couldn't have a relationship or when he said there was the possibility of we never seeing each other again. No. We were talking about random stuff and that broke me up inside. I was dying to look into those hazel eyes and say how much I loved him, but it would make things even more difficult for both of us, and the last I wanted to do was to hurt him. When we arrived, I was totally drowned in those thoughts, so lost in them, León had to snap his fingers right in front of my eyes.

- Oh, sorry. I was distracted.

- Are you okay? - He asked me, smiling lightly.

Do you know when someone asks you if you are okay and you only want to spill out everything and cry, but you can't, so you fake a smile? That was one of those times. Do you know when you're in tears and broken-hearted inside, but you put your brightest smile on your face and people think you're fine? That was one of those times. I lighted the best smile I could and nodded vigorously at him.

We walked together through Studio's hall and I tried to drive my mind to another direction and think of how I missed that place, how I missed the feeling of belonging to that very same place. I spotted Fran and Camila, and also the boys, who greeted me with cheers and hugs. They were happy that I was back, so was I. Even Pablo, Beto and Angie came to welcome me, and that was very sweet. In the middle of so many loving people, I could only glance at León and notice the way his eyes smiled at me and that felt good, to know he was happy that I was happy.

- Thank you so, so much, guys. This means a lot, really! - I smiled.

After that sweet hello, I went to my first class of the morning. I was glad it was the singing class.

*******

Me, Francesca and Camila were sitting on a free table of a local cafe when the León subject came up.

- I saw you two together, walking past the Studio entrance. - Fran started, as usual. But I wasn't in the mood for that.

- Please, don't come with that again, girls. You don't know how my weekend was. - I said in an icy and rough tone.

- Oh, sorry.

They were hurt by the way I said it, so I took it back quickly.

- I'm so sorry, girls, I didn't mean to be harsh on you, it's just... things aren't going exactly as I thought they would. - I sighed, bringing my hands to my face.